Ebook about the dynamic analysis of a bar mechanism?

In summary, the conversation is about finding an ebook that covers the dynamic analysis of a bar mechanism. The person mentions the possibility of the mechanism being similar to a crank and slotted lever mechanism, but with an additional link. They ask if the other person knows of any ebooks on this topic and mention having a book on theory of machines by Shigley and Thomas Bevan. They also mention having a simulation for the crank and slotted lever mechanism and ask if the other person needs it. Finally, they request for the ebooks to be sent to them if the other person has them.
e_bogdan
Do you know an ebook about the dynamic analysis of a bar mechanism?Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org

what is bar mechanism??

A bar mechanism is something like that!Maybe I didn't name it right!

Attachments

• mecanism.JPG
    mecanism.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 453

seems like a crank and slotted lever mechanism, but it has one extra link and I can't figure out which point is the slotted link pivoted!
You can do dynamic simulation of kinematic chains in Inventor. I think I have simulation for crank and slotted lever mechanism(tell me if you need it).
For theory, I had a book Theory of Machines, shigley(I don't remember the full name) and I have Theory of Machines,Thomas Bevan. It has a nice qualitative and quantitative description for kinematic chains

If u have these books as ebooks,could you send them to me?

1. What is a bar mechanism?

A bar mechanism is a mechanical system made up of rigid bars connected by joints or hinges, allowing movement and transmitting forces. It is commonly used in machines and structures to convert motion or force from one form to another.

2. What is dynamic analysis?

Dynamic analysis is the study of the motion and forces of a system over time. In the case of a bar mechanism, it involves analyzing the movement and forces of the bars and joints as the mechanism operates.

3. Why is dynamic analysis important in studying bar mechanisms?

Dynamic analysis is important because it allows us to understand the behavior and performance of a bar mechanism while it is in motion. This information is crucial for designing and optimizing efficient and safe mechanisms.

4. What are the key factors to consider in dynamic analysis of a bar mechanism?

The key factors to consider in dynamic analysis of a bar mechanism include the type and arrangement of joints, the length and weight of the bars, the forces applied to the mechanism, and any external factors such as friction or gravity.

5. How is dynamic analysis of a bar mechanism typically performed?

Dynamic analysis of a bar mechanism is typically performed using computer software, such as finite element analysis (FEA) or multibody dynamics simulation. These tools allow engineers to model the mechanism and simulate its motion and forces under different conditions.