Looking for free online integration calculator.

In summary: C+x%29As a definite integral, replacing the x argument by x=0..pi says "integral doesn't converge", but does for x=-∞..∞.
yungman
I have been looking for an integration calculator. I need to solve

[tex]\int_0^{\pi} \frac{\cos (a \cos \theta)}{\sin \theta} d\theta[/tex]

This is a sine integral that likely involve numerical analysis. I tried Wolfram free Mathematica and it did not find a solution. Please advice.

Physics news on Phys.org
I suspect it has no closed form expression in terms of known special functions and you need to specify the range of the parameter, in order to study its convergence.

If you do not have any additional information about 'a' I suspect you are going to have little success.

If you know enough about the problem that you can justify integrating a series expansion then perhaps

In[1]:= Integrate[Series[Cos[a t]/Sin[t], {t, Pi/2, 6}], {t, 0, Pi}]

Out[1]= (Pi*(322560 - (-1 + a)*(1 + a)*Pi^2*(13440 - 168*(-5 + a^2)*Pi^2 + (61 - 14*a^2 + a^4)*Pi^4))*
Cos[(a*Pi)/2])/322560

But that is making several assumptions.

Thanks for the reply, "a" is just a constant, can be just a real number.

dextercioby said:
I suspect it has no closed form expression in terms of known special functions and you need to specify the range of the parameter, in order to study its convergence.

I already simplify the formula already. "a" is just a constant number, 0 ≤ ##\theta## ≤ ##\pi##.

i typed,
" free online integration calculator ",
into google and received a list of them.
the first to come up was,

wolfram mathematic

krash661 said:
i typed,
" free online integration calculator ",
into google and received a list of them.
the first to come up was,

wolfram mathematic

I tried that already, it can't calculate this function. But thanks.

1. What is an integration calculator?

An integration calculator is a tool used to perform mathematical integration, which is a method of finding the area under a curve on a graph or the solution to a differential equation.

2. Is there a free online integration calculator available?

Yes, there are several free online integration calculators available. Some popular options include WolframAlpha, Symbolab, and Mathway.

3. How do I use an integration calculator?

To use an integration calculator, you will need to enter your function or equation into the designated input field. You may also need to specify the limits of integration and any other necessary parameters. The calculator will then solve the integration and provide you with the result.

4. Can I trust the results from an online integration calculator?

In most cases, yes. However, it is always important to double-check your work and use multiple sources to verify the accuracy of your results.

5. Are there any limitations to using an online integration calculator?

While online integration calculators are convenient and accurate, they may have limitations in terms of the complexity of equations they can solve. It is important to make sure the calculator you are using can handle the specific type of integration you need before relying on its results.