Help with the combustion of gas inside of a Hydocarbon ring

In summary, the conversation discusses the modeling of combustion of a pressurized gas (nitrous oxide) within a paraffin ring. The main focus is determining the amount of paraffin that will be burned per unit time, assuming that the gas fully covers the inside of the wax ring and follows the Ideal Gas law. It is also assumed that the paraffin remains solid and burns steadily around the ring, with no replenishment of the nitrous. The end goal is to develop a model for hybrid fuel grain regression, with plans to expand and refine it as research progresses. Additional information is requested for further assistance in calculating the burn rate in a pressurized environment.
sadben
i'm trying to model the combustion of a pressurized gas (nitrous oxide) inside of a paraffin ring. What I'm trying to figure out is the amount of paraffin that will be burning per unit time. What I'm assuming is that the gas is totally covering the inside of the wax ring and Ideal Gas law. I'm also assuming that the paraffin does not melt, but burns consistently around the ring. The best way to imagine it is as if the Nitrous is a disk inside a paraffin disc. Also Consider that the Nitrous does not replenish. I'm trying to model hybrid fuel grain regression. I intend to make the model more complicated over time as my research advances and the model evolves.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

Well just calculating burn rate in a pressurised environment would be fine. I can figure the rest out

1. How does combustion occur within a hydrocarbon ring?

The process of combustion within a hydrocarbon ring involves breaking the bonds between carbon and hydrogen atoms, producing heat and light energy. This breaking of bonds is triggered by the reaction with oxygen, creating carbon dioxide and water as byproducts.

2. What factors affect the combustion of gas inside of a hydrocarbon ring?

The rate of combustion can be affected by several factors, including the type of hydrocarbon, the concentration of oxygen, and the temperature and pressure of the environment. Other factors such as catalysts and impurities can also impact the combustion process.

3. How does the combustion of gas inside of a hydrocarbon ring impact the environment?

The combustion of gas inside of a hydrocarbon ring produces carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that contributes to climate change. It can also release other pollutants and toxins into the air, contributing to air pollution and negative impacts on human health and the environment.

4. Can the combustion of gas inside of a hydrocarbon ring be controlled?

Yes, the rate of combustion can be controlled through adjusting the amount of oxygen present, the temperature, and the use of catalysts. However, complete control may not always be possible and proper safety measures should always be taken when dealing with combustion reactions.

5. How is the combustion of gas inside of a hydrocarbon ring used in everyday life?

The combustion of gas inside of a hydrocarbon ring is used in many applications, including powering cars and other vehicles, heating homes and buildings, and generating electricity. It is also used in industrial processes such as manufacturing and refining. However, efforts are being made to find more sustainable and environmentally-friendly alternatives to using hydrocarbons for combustion.