Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle

In summary: Originally posted by chroot My family have been using hydrogen peroxide as mouthwash, toothpaste, and to clean the house for years.It's a great multi-purpose cleaner that does a good job at cleaning everything.
PrudensOptimus
Is Hydrogen Peroxide really a miracle bottle that does:

Acne cleaning

Mouth washing,

Feet washing,

Body Washing,

Dish Washing?
!

I got a bottle for myself today and used a few cotton swabs with Hydrogen Peroxide on my "dotted" acne spots on my face. Not really using it to "wash" my face... Will that be the right way to use it? Or do I use it to "wash" my face?

And from http://www.wellnesstoday.com/october/cancer.htm, [Broken] they say you can use it to mouthwash your teeth... Did they mean use it to rinse your mouth like water!? And you can use it to clean ears? I thought Peroxide can only be used externally. Mouth and Ears are internal right?...

Some experts already used this for a long time give advice, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here is an idea, why don't you try gulping down a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and tell us tommorow if it can be used internally.

j/k.

I think the ability to use hydrogen peroxide internally is based on the concentration. The bottle you have probable has too high of a concentration to be used internally.

The hydrogen peroxide that is most commonly availabe is a 3% solution (the rest being water).

If you take a sip of this and swish it around in your mouth without swallowing, it will quickly kill a lot of bacteria by oxydizing them. Your mouth will become full of foam, and it will sting somewhat (no worse than listerine).

By letting this foam dribble from your mouth, you can do a convincing imitation of a rabid animal. I used to do this a lot in front of the bathroom mirror when I was a kid and got bored.

So I can use it like listerine except it's better?

And how do I clean face with it. People say you have to "wash" your face with it like water? Or did they just mean use a cotton swab to place on the dots?

And after you use it to clean face, do you need to use water to rinse it? If so, after how long it stay on your face?

And yes, it's 3%.

It has the same germ killing effect as listerine when used as a mouthwash, but I don't know if it is better in any way. It stings just as much and leaves a slightly bitter taste in the mouth.

You can use it liberally on your face. Pour enough on a wash cloth to make a wet spot and then wipe your face with that. (Don't get any in your eyes).

It is not necessary to rinse it. It will evaporate. You can just dry your face off if it's still a bit wet.

I don't think it will hurt your ears, although I've never tried this.

Swallowing any is definitely to be avoided. It will build up gasses in your stomach too quickly and the only way to get the foam out would be to vomit. Not fun.

Originally posted by zoobyshoe

Swallowing any is definitely to be avoided. It will build up gasses in your stomach too quickly...

Hmm, sounds like a good prank. And they said spontaneous combustion couldn't happen, muahaha

If you have any nicks from shaving, it is really going to sting! It is a good mouthwash, but it's not tasty. I usually dilute it a bit first.

I mainly use hydrogen peroxide to clean out wounds before I put ointment on it.

I still wouldn't advise using peroxide topically. It's a bleaching agent, and it WILL discolor your skin.

- Warren

Originally posted by chroot
I still wouldn't advise using peroxide topically. It's a bleaching agent, and it WILL discolor your skin.

- Warren

Discolor? what does that mean? turn me to a yellow or something?

Last edited:
Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
Discolor? what does that mean? turn me to a cool person or something?
Um, excuse me... please don't use racist words here.

And what I mean is that peroxide will bleach your skin, leaving it whiter than it should be. It'll make you look splotchy. I strongly recommend that you don't try using it as an acne remedy.

- Warren

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
Is Hydrogen Peroxide really a miracle bottle that does:

Acne cleaning

Mouth washing,

Feet washing,

Body Washing,

Dish Washing?

Rocket propellant...

Um, excuse me... please don't use racist words here.

And what I mean is that peroxide will bleach your skin, leaving it whiter than it should be. It'll make you look splotchy. I strongly recommend that you don't try using it as an acne remedy.

- Warren

ah **** i seen those people... **** i better stop using it then... But Benzoyl also is a bleaching agent right

- Warren

My family have been using Hydrogen Peroxide for years to clear out wounds, and it truly is a miracle agent for that. You can use it instead of the common bactericide gels and it works just as well. The only shortcoming I ever found is that it degrades to water pretty fast unless you keep it in the dark. The heavy colored bottles they sell it in don't help much.

And no, it didn't bleach our skins.

Offensive, common..

Using H2O2 to wash your face!? To clean your mouth on a regular basis!? Are you crazy!? It is an oxidizing agent and it WILL kill your own cells, it will leave your skin very dry too, since the cells will just dry. Same with benzoylperoxide, the skin will just peel off. I can imagine if you use this to wash your mouth on a daily basis, you can expect sores to develop and that cancerous cells might form too, since the existing cells have to replaced faster.

I would just use it for spotting on your face and swirling in the mouth if you actually have an infection, then it will be perfectly safe.

Originally posted by Monique
Offensive, common..

Using H2O2 to wash your face!? To clean your mouth on a regular basis!? Are you crazy!? It is an oxidizing agent and it WILL kill your own cells, it will leave your skin very dry too, since the cells will just dry. Same with benzoylperoxide, the skin will just peel off. I can imagine if you use this to wash your mouth on a daily basis, you can expect sores to develop and that cancerous cells might form too, since the existing cells have to replaced faster.

I would just use it for spotting on your face and swirling in the mouth if you actually have an infection, then it will be perfectly safe.

You know I am smarter than that baby :p

edit: err. sis, not baby loll :wink:

Have you tried vinegar? I have heard that vinegar is a miracle cure for things. The only thing we use bleach for is household cleaning, eg. the washing-up bowl, that's some CRAZEE plop using it for your face and as mouthwash. How bout petroleum jelly (NOT as mouthwash) for spots, its a skin-healing whizz. Just don't stand too near any naked flames afterwards.

but VINEGAR is ultimate for many things, i don't know bout acne though.

NEVER ever EVER use household bleach on your skin

The problem with outbreaks usually is that you touch it and so it spreads across your face, spreading the infection. If I have an outbreak I just sterilize it with some pure alcohol at work where we've got loads of bottles

NEVER ever EVER use household bleach on your skin

The problem with outbreaks usually is that you touch it and so it spreads across your face, spreading the infection. If I have an outbreak I just sterilize it with some pure alcohol at work where we've got loads of bottles

Lol why do you care about me so much huh :wink:

That was a message to all the people on the board

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
My family have been using Hydrogen Peroxide for years to clear out wounds, and it truly is a miracle agent for that. You can use it instead of the common bactericide gels and it works just as well. The only shortcoming I ever found is that it degrades to water pretty fast unless you keep it in the dark. The heavy colored bottles they sell it in don't help much.

And no, it didn't bleach our skins.
I use hydrogen peroxide on wounds too. But make sure you dilute it first, or else ...

edit: usually I pour 6% hydrogen peroxide directly on my wound instead of diluting it. I don't know if it stings just as much if you use diluted hydrogen peroxide.

Last edited:

Does it matter what kind of alcohol? Normal rubbing alcohol is isopropanol which is somewhat expensive (like $3 for a little bottle). I have a gigantic 2L jug of methanol, can I use that or is methanol too strong?

methanol is not very healthy..

Methanol is very toxic. While very little gets absorbed through the skin, repeated exposure should be avoided. The occasional splash of methanol on the skin won't hurt, but people who work with it on a regular basis wear protective gear and get tested periodically. I get blood drawn once a year to check my methanol levels, amongst other things.

Njorl

Wow I had no idea it was THAT bad. How about ammonia?

I guess I'll just stick with peroxide.

Better just stick with the stuff that is available in the stores :smile:

1. What is Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle?

Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle is a solution made up of hydrogen peroxide and water. It is often used for its disinfectant and bleaching properties.

2. How is Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle used?

Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle can be used as a household cleaner, wound disinfectant, and teeth whitener. It is also commonly used in industrial settings for bleaching and sterilization purposes.

3. Is Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle safe to use?

When used correctly and in the appropriate concentrations, Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle is generally safe to use. However, it can be harmful if ingested or if it comes into contact with the eyes or skin in high concentrations.

4. What are the benefits of using Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle?

Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle has many benefits, including being a natural alternative to harsh chemical cleaners, effectively killing bacteria and viruses, and promoting oral health by reducing plaque and bad breath.

5. Are there any precautions I should take when using Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Miracle Bottle?

Yes, it is important to always follow the instructions on the bottle and use the appropriate concentration for the intended purpose. It is also recommended to wear protective gear, such as gloves and goggles, when handling high concentrations of hydrogen peroxide. If ingested or if it comes into contact with the eyes or skin, seek medical attention immediately.