Paper due on Deregulation in Airlines

• Thread starter Lord Hades
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the conversation is about finding resources for a paper on airline deregulation. Various websites are suggested, including ones that provide historical and economic perspectives on the topic. Good luck is also wished for the paper.
Lord Hades
I have a paper due on Deregulation in Airlines but I can find nothing if anyone has a website that will help me please write it's urgent:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org

Lord Hades said:
I have a paper due on Deregulation in Airlines but I can find nothing if anyone has a website that will help me please write it's urgent:confused:
I googled airline deregulation and found plenty.

jimmysnyder said:
I googled airline deregulation and found plenty.

Me too!

Google does an auto-complete, so "Airline deregulation" is accompanied by various qualifies, e.g. the year in which the US industry was deregulated by the Airline Deregulation Act (Pub.L. 95-504) of 1978.

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/AirlineDeregulation.html

or

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Commercial_Aviation/Dereg/Tran8.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is deregulation in airlines?

Deregulation in airlines refers to the process of removing government regulations and controls on the airline industry, allowing airlines to operate more freely and competitively.

2. Why was deregulation in airlines implemented?

Deregulation in airlines was implemented in the United States in 1978 to promote competition and lower airfares for consumers. Prior to this, airlines were regulated by the government, resulting in high airfares and limited routes.

3. How has deregulation in airlines affected the industry?

Deregulation in airlines has led to increased competition among airlines, resulting in lower airfares and more route options for travelers. It has also allowed for the emergence of budget airlines and increased efficiency in the industry.

4. What are the pros and cons of deregulation in airlines?

The pros of deregulation in airlines include increased competition, lower airfares, and more choices for consumers. However, some of the cons include decreased safety regulations and potential monopolies in certain markets.

5. What is the current state of deregulation in airlines?

Deregulation in airlines is still in effect in the United States, but there have been some calls for increased regulation in certain areas, such as safety and environmental concerns. Other countries, such as Canada and Australia, have also implemented deregulation in their airline industries.