What 4 year colleges are there in california where you can study engineering at

In summary, the conversation discusses recommendations for schools in California that offer Electrical Engineering and Physics programs. The person suggests UC Davis, where they obtained their BSEE and MSEE. Stanford is also mentioned as having an excellent Engineering Department, but may be more difficult to get into compared to Berkley. The speaker also suggests considering the quality and cost of the program, as well as future plans for a Master's degree or starting work with a Bachelor's degree. Harvey Mudd is also mentioned as a possible option.
land_of_ice
Can anyone recommend a school in California, other than:
UCLA, Berkley, Cal State North ridge, or Sandiego, that offers Electrical engineering , and physics

Physics news on Phys.org
UC Davis. That's where I got my BSEE (MSEE at another school), and very much enjoyed the physics classes that I took there. That was 30 years ago, but I generally go back each year for "Picnic Day" in the spring, and their EE and engineering programs have been growing steadily.

Stanford has an excellent Engineering Department as well.

Dembadon said:
Stanford has an excellent Engineering Department as well.

Stanford is more difficult to get into than Berkley , correct?

I can't imagine you couldn't find an EE program and physics courses at any 4 year uni. The questions should be quality of program, cost of attendance (include dorm or apartment expenses if you can't commute and commuting expenses if you can). Also consider your path. If you are planning to seek out a Masters, UC programs will probably be better, but Cal State tend to be more hands on which is more inline with starting work with your BS (at least that's what I'm told by my physics/engineering professor). Neither should be a limiting factor for going for a Masters or starting work with a BS. I'd try to get into the best program you can afford.

How about Harvey Mudd?

What 4 year colleges are there in California where you can study engineering at?

Some of the top 4 year colleges in California that offer engineering programs include University of California, Berkeley; California Institute of Technology; Stanford University; University of California, Los Angeles; and University of Southern California.

What are the admission requirements for engineering programs at 4 year colleges in California?

The admission requirements for engineering programs vary among colleges, but generally, students are required to have a strong academic background in math and science, high standardized test scores (SAT or ACT), and strong letters of recommendation. Some colleges may also require applicants to submit a personal statement or essay.

What types of engineering programs are available at 4 year colleges in California?

There are various types of engineering programs available at 4 year colleges in California, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, civil engineering, and aerospace engineering. Some colleges may also offer specialized programs, such as biomedical engineering or environmental engineering.

Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for engineering students at 4 year colleges in California?

Yes, there are many scholarships and financial aid options available for engineering students at 4 year colleges in California. These include merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and grants. Students can also apply for federal financial aid, such as Pell Grants and student loans.

What are the job prospects for graduates with an engineering degree from a 4 year college in California?

Graduates with an engineering degree from a 4 year college in California are in high demand and have excellent job prospects. They can work in various industries, such as technology, healthcare, and construction, and can expect to earn a high salary. Additionally, California is home to many top engineering companies, providing graduates with numerous job opportunities.