Kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage

In summary, you are looking for help to derive the kinematic equation for the 4-bar linkage shown. You have attached a schematic diagram and free body diagrams. You are also looking for help to solve the equation.
gpriyavct
Looking For Help to derive the kinematic equation for the 4-bar linkage shown; (to find the angular position of the cylinder at different values of theta )

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
gpriyavct said:
Looking For Help to derive the kinematic equation for the 4-bar linkage shown; (to find the angular position of the cylinder at different values of theta )

Welcome to the PF. What is the context of your question? Is it for a school project?

i didnt get ur question

Last edited:
gpriyavct said:
yes i need an help to solve this...

Okay. Thread moved from ME to the schoolwork section of the PF. What are the relebant equations in approaching a problem like this? Can you show us how you are setting up the equations to solve the problem?

no move to ME itself

gpriyavct said:
no move to ME itself

No. Show your attempt at a solution. We do not do your homework/coursework for you here. That's part of the PF Rules (see the link at the top of the page).

gpriyavct said:

That's weird -- where did your diagram go?

Here i attached the schematic diagram of 4 bar mechanism.

We are working on design automation for fixture design for that purpose we need to solve this kinematic equation.

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

Here i attached the schematic diagram of 4 bar mechanism.

We are working on design automation for fixture design for that purpose we need to solve this kinematic equation.

Attachments

• KBE-3.JPG
    KBE-3.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 556
sir i can't able to view my question that's y i added there, please help me to view my question to all viewers

gpriyavct said:
sir i can't able to view my question that's y i added there, please help me to view my question to all viewers

Show us your free body diagrams for the linkage. Show us your equations that you derive from the FBDs. We don't do your work for you here at the PF.

here i have attached the free diagram as well as main diagram, from that we need to find the equation from the given data, please see both the attachment, now totally i have attached 3 drawings in jpeg file...

Attachments

• KBE-4.JPG
    KBE-4.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 546
  • BOE_Clamp_Set_Up_Ref.jpg
    BOE_Clamp_Set_Up_Ref.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 586

1. What is a 4-bar linkage?

A 4-bar linkage is a mechanical system made up of four rigid bars connected by joints. It is used to convert rotational motion into linear motion or vice versa.

2. What is the purpose of the kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage?

The kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage is used to solve for the position, velocity, and acceleration of the different links in the system. It also helps in determining the range of motion and the stability of the linkage.

3. How is the kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage derived?

The kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage is derived using the principles of kinematics, which involves analyzing the motion of objects without considering the forces that cause the motion. It takes into account the length of each bar, the angle between them, and the position of the joints.

4. What are the assumptions made in the kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage?

The kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage assumes that the bars are rigid, the joints are frictionless, and the links move in a plane. It also assumes that the angular velocities and accelerations of the links are constant.

5. How is the kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage used in real-world applications?

The kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage is used in various machines and devices, such as car engines, bicycles, and robotic arms. It is also used in designing mechanisms for different purposes, such as opening and closing doors, and in analyzing the motion of living organisms.