Repulsion / attraction force between magnets

In summary, repulsion force between magnets occurs when their opposite poles are brought together, pushing them away from each other. On the other hand, attraction force between magnets happens when their like poles are brought together, pulling them towards each other. These forces are created by the interaction of the magnetic fields surrounding magnets, which are influenced by factors such as distance, strength, orientation, size, shape, and material. While the strength of the forces can be changed by altering these factors, it is not possible for two magnets to have no repulsion or attraction force between them due to their inherent magnetic fields.
sebitab
Hi, I am needing some guidance to find a way to calculate the repulsion or attraction force between (magnet/magnet) or (magnet/coil) in kg force.

I know there is not a fast or easy answer to this but you will help me a lot if you can help me finding the way to calculate it.

thanks for your help in advance

regards
sebastian

Physics news on Phys.org
What about using 2 solenoids with current I , and using amperes law to find the B field.
Or what about doing it experimentally.

1. What is the difference between repulsion and attraction force between magnets?

The repulsion force between magnets is the force that pushes two magnets away from each other when their opposite poles are brought together. On the other hand, the attraction force between magnets is the force that pulls two magnets together when their like poles are brought together.

2. How do magnets create repulsion and attraction forces?

Magnets have a magnetic field surrounding them that is created by the alignment of their atomic particles. When two magnets are brought close to each other, their magnetic fields interact and create forces of repulsion or attraction depending on the orientation of their poles.

3. Can the strength of the repulsion or attraction force between magnets be changed?

Yes, the strength of the repulsion or attraction force between magnets can be changed by altering the distance between them or by changing the strength of their magnetic fields. Additionally, the type of material the magnets are made of can also affect the strength of the force.

4. What factors affect the repulsion and attraction forces between magnets?

The strength of the magnetic field, the distance between the magnets, and the orientation of the poles all affect the repulsion and attraction forces between magnets. Additionally, the size and shape of the magnets, as well as the type of material they are made of, can also impact the forces.

5. Can two magnets ever have no repulsion or attraction force between them?

No, all magnets have a magnetic field and will always experience some level of repulsion or attraction force when brought close to another magnet. However, the force may be too weak to be noticeable depending on the strength and orientation of the magnets.