Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits?

In summary, a 3 pole, 3 position ceramic rotary switch can be used as a master power switch for all three circuits.
WeAreBorrg
Hello all,
Long story short:

I'm modding a Netbook PC; I'm powering three different sets of LEDs from three separate USB power sources.

1. How can I create one master power switch for all three circuits?
2. Would hooking all three circuits up to one switch in parallel burnout my USB ports?

I appreciate any and all constructive commentary.

Also, I understand that your time is valuable and if don't want to be bothered to explain the answer I would be more than happy to receive a very brief answer which would point me in the right direction for my own research.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
*...cricket...cricket...

Unless someone can think of something better, I guess I will just have to use a 3 pole, 3 position ceramic rotary switch as a master power switch for all three circuits...

"Long story short" is not sufficient for others to make any useful suggestions. It is not possible (for me, anyway) from your verbal description to visualize exactly what “modding” you are trying to accomplish. You’ve not provided a simple basic block diagram of your planned modification specifications, so members here can only guess and or speculate about your plans. Per your request, I'll try to point you in a direction where you may expect to find some useful suggestions. Google is your friend. Using the search terms “digital control of multiple power mosfets” there are lots of examples of circuits that do similar operations that you’re asking about. For instance, here’s just one:
http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slvu171/slvu171.pdf

You should not need any more info than I have given you. If the info provided is too abstract and not sufficient for you then clearly you cannot be of use.

Is "resistance futile" as well?

Thanks for the defacto useless argumentative forum response. And who says forums are a complete waste of time?

1. What is a Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits?

A Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits is a device that allows you to control the power supply for three separate circuits at the same time. It is typically used in scientific experiments or electronic systems to easily turn on or off multiple circuits with one switch.

2. How does a Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits work?

The Master Power Switch uses a series of relays or switches to connect or disconnect the power supply to each of the three circuits. When the switch is turned on, all three circuits will receive power, and when it is turned off, all three circuits will be disconnected from the power supply.

3. What are the benefits of using a Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits?

Using a Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits can save time and effort when conducting experiments or working with electronic systems. Instead of manually turning on or off each circuit, you can do it with one switch. It also reduces the risk of accidentally leaving a circuit on when it is not needed.

4. Can a Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits be used with different types of circuits?

Yes, a Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits can be used with different types of circuits as long as the voltage and current requirements are within the switch's capabilities. It is important to check the specifications of the switch before using it to ensure it is compatible with your circuits.

5. Are there any safety precautions to consider when using a Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits?

As with any electrical device, it is important to follow safety precautions when using a Master Power Switch for 3 Circuits. Make sure to turn off the switch and disconnect the power supply before making any changes to the circuits. Also, be aware of the voltage and current requirements of your circuits and do not exceed the capabilities of the switch.