A good book for quantum physics

A book covering the popular theses of quantum physics, such as superstring theory, would be ideal, but even an A* in A-level physics would not be enough to fully understand it. Leonard Susskind's upcoming book on QM may be a good resource for those looking to deepen their understanding of the subject.
1832vin
a book that covers from string fields to spin to superconductor property, well... does not have to be all of them, but a book that would cover most popular thesis of quantum physics, most would be optimum but onnly the popular ones ie, super string
i don't acctually know much, well the basics of quantum mechanics, i have a good knowledge of maths, so i don't think it would be a problem, would an A* in a level be good enough?
i don't want something that only skimms the subjects becuase i never acctually learn anything from those, i want a book that goes a deep enough depth of the main thesis out there, i just want to understnad what the hell are those 2nd degree physisis are talking about, because for now, to me they are talking in another language, i don't need to have enough knowledge to be able to chat quantum physics with them, but i want to be able to understand

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no good book on quantum mechanics.

What is quantum physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It explains the fundamental principles that govern the behavior of particles at this scale.

Why is it important to understand quantum physics?

Quantum physics is important because it helps us understand the fundamental building blocks of the universe and how they interact. It has also led to many technological advancements, such as lasers and transistors, which are essential in modern technology.

What makes a good book for learning quantum physics?

A good book for learning quantum physics should have clear and concise explanations, as well as illustrations and examples to help understand complex concepts. It should also cover the basics of quantum mechanics and its applications.

What are some common misconceptions about quantum physics?

One common misconception about quantum physics is that it only applies to the microscopic world and has no relevance to our everyday lives. However, many technologies we use today, such as computer processors and MRI machines, are based on quantum principles.

Another misconception is that quantum physics is only for experts and cannot be understood by the general public. While it is a complex subject, there are many resources available for non-scientists to learn the basics of quantum mechanics.

What are some real-life applications of quantum physics?

Quantum physics has numerous real-life applications, including information technology, cryptography, medical imaging, and energy production. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as chemistry, materials science, and engineering.