Changing Resonant Frequency of Gas?

In summary, this device is a two-module, sticky-tape-attached device that is meant to be placed underneath a gas tank to change the resonant frequency of the gasoline, improving mileage. The product is advertised as being expensive, and there is no information on the website about how it works or what its claimed benefits are.
Joca
Recently I was handed a flyer for a new gadget that is being sold.
It consists of two modules that are attached with sticky tape to the underside of ones gas tank. 'There are no batteries and no wires' yet the gizmo 'changes the resonant frequency for the gasoline in your tank, improving milage'.
The price on one these gizmos is no less than $1299
I'm no physics buff, but I know a few things about cars. I can't find any explanation on this.
So, is this possible?

Engineering news on Phys.org
That's absurd! :grumpy:

hahaha - thank you

Joca said:
Recently I was handed a flyer for a new gadget that is being sold.
It consists of two modules that are attached with sticky tape to the underside of ones gas tank. 'There are no batteries and no wires' yet the gizmo 'changes the resonant frequency for the gasoline in your tank, improving milage'.
The price on one these gizmos is no less than $1299
I'm no physics buff, but I know a few things about cars. I can't find any explanation on this.
So, is this possible?
Oh my goodness. Is there a website for these things? Are you certain you understood their claims correctly? Could they possibly be talking about changing the resonant frequencies of your gas tank? What that would have to do with anything I don't know, but the resonance of the fuel itself is pretty darned "perplexing."

Oh my lord...I think I may have come across something that may answer this. I was doing a search on the phrase the OP had in quotes:
'changes the resonant frequency for the gasoline in your tank, improving milage'.
Looking around I saw a discussion on a board that was talking about hydrogen vehicles, etc...One poster made the comment:
Some Nut Case said:
that using electrolysis results in more energy being consumed then produced. but we are not talking about using electrolysis. every compound has a resonance frequency that if vibrating at the compound will break down into its elements. its takes little effort to get water to vibrate at its frequency. the reason why this info is not known by the general public is because there is no profit in it so its being supressed by those who will lose money from it

Could these people be thinking that it would take less energy input to create combustion by adding these things to the outside of their gas tank?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

I think I'm going to wretch...

OMG! Biopro seeks money from the ignorant with deep pockets. Feel free to whip it out here. http://www.mybiopro.com/Opportunities_Get_Started.aspx?ID=johnjosepho

They claim:
Using BIOPRO’s Energetic Elevation Chamber (EEC), BIOPRO QX-3 are charged with a proprietary blend of resonant frequencies. When properly applied to your vehicle’s gas tank, the QX-3 transfer these frequencies onto your vehicles’ fuel. As a result, the combustion-strength in the cylinder head is increased, which in turns increases the pressure on the pistons, resulting in increased engine power. Even more importantly, less combustion-particles leaving the exhaust leads to a significant reduction in emissions, including visibly less smoke in Diesel engines. Furthermore, in particular in the lower RPM range, more engine power will be noticeable. The engine operates more calmly and has a smoother, more homogenous torque-band. As a result, the engine is preserved better which leads to noticeably reduced emissions and increased mileage!
here: http://www.mybiopro.com/BioProTemplate.aspx?ItemID=915&ID=johnjosepho

And all you need to do is glue these disks to your vehicle. No wires needed, no nothing, just a lump of metal glued to the outside of your tank!
In order to achieve increased mileage and reduced emissions, two QX-3 are needed per vehicle. Installing the QX-3 is simple and easy to do – it literally takes seconds!
1. Before applying the QX-3s, thoroughly clean a small area on the bottom of your gas-tank of grease and dust. If necessary, use a wire-brush to clean the area properly.
2. Peel of the paper on the back of each QX-3, place them approximately 5-10 inches apart from each other and firmly press the adhesive side of each of the QX-3 onto the cleaned area.
3. While the QX-3's adhesive is strong, we recommend using super glue to securely attach the QX-3s to the gas-tank. While not necessary in most cases, you may want to consider hiring a mechanic to help you attach the QX-3s on your tank if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Seems they also sell pendants to rid you of "electropollution", another lump of metal to wear on a chain around your neck. Buy one here!:
http://www.mybiopro.com/BioProTemplate.aspx?ItemID=788&ID=johnjosepho

I understand both Daffy Duck and Mickey Mouse both own these products and endorse them. Perhaps they can come up with an anti-hurricane field scaffold to prevent hurricane winds from destroying your home next. Only a few hundred dollars for that one, and all you need to do is prop this sucker up on your porch to scare away the evil wind forces that level the homes of hurricane victums.

Sorry for pukin' all over this one, I tried to hold it in but the sewage made me ill...

I am sooooo tempted to buy this crap simply to take it apart and show that it is a total fraud.

haha, resonant frequencies & harmonics of petrol! Youd be better off spending that money on something that will work like a LPG or Vegetable oil conversion or adapting for partial water power.

If you did get fuel to vibrate at its resonant frequecy, I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere near, maybe tape an adapted microwave to your fuel tank. It sounds like all youll get is a couple of magnets for your money, more than likely

1. How can the resonant frequency of gas be changed?

The resonant frequency of gas can be changed by altering the pressure, temperature, or composition of the gas. This can be achieved through physical changes, such as changing the volume of the container or introducing a new gas, or through chemical reactions that change the composition of the gas.

2. What is the significance of changing the resonant frequency of gas?

Changing the resonant frequency of gas can have various practical applications. For example, it can be used to enhance the performance of gas-filled sensors and detectors, or to improve the efficiency of gas-based energy conversion systems. It can also be used for tuning musical instruments or for medical procedures, such as ultrasound imaging.

3. Can the resonant frequency of gas be changed indefinitely?

No, there are limits to how much the resonant frequency of gas can be changed. These limits depend on the physical and chemical properties of the gas, such as its density, compressibility, and molecular structure. Additionally, extreme changes in the resonant frequency can lead to unstable or dangerous conditions.

4. How does changing the resonant frequency affect the behavior of gas?

Changing the resonant frequency of gas can alter its physical and chemical properties, such as its speed of sound, thermal conductivity, and reactivity. This can affect the overall behavior of the gas, including its ability to transmit or absorb energy, and its response to external stimuli like pressure or temperature changes.

5. Are there any factors that can prevent the resonant frequency of gas from changing?

Yes, there are several factors that can prevent the resonant frequency of gas from changing. For instance, if the container holding the gas is completely sealed, it may be difficult to alter the composition or pressure of the gas. Additionally, certain gases may have very stable molecular structures or may be at their optimum resonant frequency, making it challenging to change their resonant frequency significantly.