Spell check on the post edit screen.

• Thread starter faust9
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a suggestion for implementing spell check on the edit post screen for users who struggle with spelling. The idea is supported by the participants and it is mentioned that it may be implemented in the near future.
faust9
A little feedback. Spellcheck on the edit post screen would be nice so non-spelling imbacils such a meself(hehe) can go back and spell check messages that we edit.

Thansk fur yor suport

Physics news on Phys.org
faust9 said:
A little feedback. Spellcheck on the edit post screen would be nice so non-spelling imbacils such a meself(hehe) can go back and spell check messages that we edit.

Thansk fur yor suport
:tongue2: I also wish we had spell check on the eidt psot screen. :biggrin:

I agree too. "There 0 to be a law!"

This has been on my mind as it was pointed out to me a couple months ago. It'll likely be implemented once we upgrade the forum software hopefully soon.

1. How do I enable spell check on the post edit screen?

To enable spell check on the post edit screen, you can go to the settings of your word processing or blogging software and look for the option to turn on spell check. If you are using a browser-based editor, you may need to install a spell check extension or add-on.

2. Can I customize the spell check on the post edit screen?

Yes, you can usually customize the spell check settings to your preferences, such as choosing which language to check for, adding words to a personal dictionary, and adjusting the sensitivity of the spell check.

3. Does spell check on the post edit screen catch all errors?

No, spell check is not foolproof and may not catch all errors. It primarily checks for spelling mistakes, but it may not catch grammar, punctuation, or context errors.

4. How do I know if a word is misspelled on the post edit screen?

Misspelled words on the post edit screen are usually underlined with a red squiggly line. You can right-click on the word to see suggested corrections or add it to your personal dictionary.

5. Can I turn off spell check on the post edit screen?

Yes, you can usually turn off spell check on the post edit screen in the settings of your word processing or blogging software. Keep in mind that this may result in more errors in your writing, so it is recommended to keep spell check enabled.