Is the Independent Research Forum the New Theory Development Platform?

• Thread starter Nano-Passion
  • Start date
In summary, the previous forum was replaced by the moderated Independent Research forum due to the presence of crackpots. The new forum is similar to a theory development forum but with stricter moderation and higher member involvement.
Nano-Passion
So what happened to it? It got deleted?

Physics news on Phys.org
jtbell said:
it was replaced by the moderated Independent Research forum, about four years ago.

Why was it? Is it because that people can easily take others ideas?

It was full of crackpots.

Evo said:
It was full of crackpots.

Hmm thanks, what about the new forum Independent Research?

What I saw was, in essence, the same thing as a theory development forum-- people posting their theories while others arguing to see if it holds up or not.

Nano-Passion said:
Hmm thanks, what about the new forum Independent Research?

What I saw was, in essence, the same thing as a theory development forum-- people posting their theories while others arguing to see if it holds up or not.
It's a much more closely moderated version that requires more effort on the part of the member.

1. What is the purpose of the Theory Development Forum?

The Theory Development Forum is a platform for scientists to share and discuss theories related to various fields of study. The goal is to promote collaboration and advancement in scientific theories.

2. Who can participate in the Theory Development Forum?

The Theory Development Forum is open to all scientists, researchers, and academics who have a strong interest in theory development and are willing to contribute to constructive discussions.

3. How can I contribute to the Theory Development Forum?

There are various ways to contribute to the Theory Development Forum. You can participate in discussions, share your own theories or research, provide feedback and critiques on others' theories, and collaborate with other scientists.

4. Are there any guidelines for participating in the Theory Development Forum?

Yes, there are guidelines for participating in the Theory Development Forum. These include respecting others' opinions, providing evidence and reasoning to support your arguments, and maintaining a professional and respectful tone in all discussions.

5. Can I share my theories that are not yet fully developed?

Yes, the Theory Development Forum welcomes all stages of theory development. You can share your initial ideas and receive feedback and suggestions from other members to further develop your theories.