1st order sigma delta modulator in VHDL-AMS (SMASH)

In summary, the conversation was about a problem encountered with the integrator in VHDL-AMS not being able to compile and an error message being displayed. The person was seeking help with their final year project and offered to provide more information for assistance. However, the expert does not have experience with VHDL-AMS and is unable to provide a solution.
louislor

Homework Statement

i meet a problem that is the integrator in the VHDL-AMS cannot not be compiled.
and come out this statement:
"work_inter_bhv.cpp: In member function `short int WORK::INTER_BHV::AmsBim(long int, TRANS_PARAM_BIM*)':

work_inter_bhv.cpp:378: error: `VIP_INTEG_INTEG_q6_row' was not declared in this scope

ERROR: unable to compile work_inter_bhv.cpp"

if anyone know about this VHDL-AMS (SMASH) and i can upload the file be the reference. This is my final year project. i need help. Hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Homework Equations N/AThe Attempt at a SolutionI'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with VHDL-AMS and cannot help you. If you can provide more information about your project, it might be easier for someone to help you. Good luck!

I am not an expert in VHDL-AMS or SMASH, but I can provide some general advice on troubleshooting this issue. It seems like the error is related to a missing declaration of a variable called "VIP_INTEG_INTEG_q6_row." This could be due to a typo or a missing import statement. I would suggest checking your code carefully to make sure all variable names are spelled correctly and all necessary libraries are imported. You may also want to consult with your project advisor or a more experienced programmer for assistance. Good luck with your project!

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing difficulties with your project. I understand that you are trying to implement a 1st order sigma delta modulator in VHDL-AMS using SMASH. It seems like you are encountering an error related to the integrator in your code.

Without seeing your code, it is difficult for me to pinpoint the exact issue. However, based on the error message, it seems like there is a problem with the declaration or definition of the variable "VIP_INTEG_INTEG_q6_row" in your code. This could be due to a typo or a missing library or package.

I would suggest checking your code and make sure that all variables and functions are properly declared and defined. You can also try to compile your code without the integrator and see if the error persists. If it does, then the issue might be related to something else in your code.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, I would recommend seeking help from your professor or a senior colleague who has experience with VHDL-AMS and SMASH. They might be able to provide more specific guidance and help you troubleshoot the issue.

I wish you the best of luck with your project and hope you are able to overcome this obstacle. Keep persevering and don't hesitate to seek help when needed. Science is all about collaboration and learning from each other.

1. What is a 1st order sigma delta modulator in VHDL-AMS (SMASH)?

A 1st order sigma delta modulator in VHDL-AMS (SMASH) is a type of analog-to-digital converter that uses a sigma delta modulation technique to convert analog signals into digital signals. It is implemented using the VHDL-AMS language and the SMASH (System Modeling and Simulation in VHDL-AMS) modeling environment.

2. How does a 1st order sigma delta modulator work?

A 1st order sigma delta modulator works by oversampling the input analog signal and using a feedback loop to compare the output of a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with the input signal. The difference between the two signals is then converted into a 1-bit digital signal using a comparator. This digital signal is then fed back into the feedback loop to adjust the DAC output, resulting in a digital representation of the input analog signal.

3. What are the advantages of using a 1st order sigma delta modulator?

Some advantages of using a 1st order sigma delta modulator include high accuracy, low cost, and high resolution. It also has a high signal-to-noise ratio, making it suitable for applications requiring precise measurements of small signals.

4. What are the applications of a 1st order sigma delta modulator?

A 1st order sigma delta modulator is commonly used in audio and video applications, such as digital audio recording and playback, as well as in telecommunications and sensor systems. It is also used in instrumentation and control systems where high precision and low cost are important factors.

5. What are the limitations of a 1st order sigma delta modulator?

One limitation of a 1st order sigma delta modulator is its slow conversion rate, which may not be suitable for high-speed applications. It also requires a low-pass filter to reconstruct the analog signal from the digital output, which can add complexity to the overall system. Additionally, it may exhibit non-linear behavior at high input amplitudes, leading to errors in the digital output.