Graph Y-Values with TI89 Titanium Graphing Calculator

In summary, to graph Y-values on a TI89 Titanium calculator, press the "Y=" button and enter the values in the "Y1=" field. You can also graph multiple Y-values on the same graph by entering them in different "Y=" fields. To change the scale of the Y-axis, press the "WINDOW" button and adjust the values for "Ymin" and "Ymax". Y-values can be saved and recalled using the "TABLE" feature, and can also be exported to a computer using a USB cable and the TI Connect software.
chemic_23
Hello,the <Diamond> + F1 menu allows me to plot only Y= graphs.
I just want to ask if how do I graph in terms of y? is there anyway or you need to really graph it in terms of x? thank you very much...

Computer science news on Phys.org
You can try using the parametric mode to graph like this.

Or another way would be to use the solve() function on the calculator and solve the equation so that you are allowed to enter it in Y editor.

I understand your question and can provide a response. The TI89 Titanium Graphing Calculator is designed to plot functions in terms of x, as this is the standard convention for graphing. However, there are a few ways you can graph in terms of y. One option is to rearrange your function so that it is in terms of x, and then graph it as usual. Another option is to use the "Trace" feature on the calculator, which allows you to input a specific y-value and see where it intersects with the graph. Additionally, you can use the "Parametric" feature on the calculator to graph functions in terms of y. I recommend consulting the user manual for more detailed instructions on these methods. Overall, while the TI89 Titanium is primarily designed for x-values, there are ways to graph in terms of y if needed.

1. How do I graph Y-values using a TI89 Titanium graphing calculator?

To graph Y-values on a TI89 Titanium calculator, follow these steps:
1. Press the "Y=" button
2. Enter the Y-values in the "Y1=" field
3. Press the "GRAPH" button to view the graph
4. Adjust the graph settings as needed
5. Press the "TRACE" button to view specific Y-values at different points on the graph

2. Can I graph multiple Y-values on the same graph using a TI89 Titanium calculator?

Yes, you can graph multiple Y-values on the same graph by entering them in different "Y=" fields. For example, you can enter Y-values in the "Y1=", "Y2=", "Y3=", etc. fields and they will all be plotted on the same graph.

3. How do I change the scale of the Y-axis on a TI89 Titanium calculator?

To change the scale of the Y-axis on a TI89 Titanium calculator, follow these steps:
1. Press the "WINDOW" button
2. Use the arrow keys to adjust the values for "Ymin" and "Ymax"
3. Press "ENTER" to save the changes
4. Press the "GRAPH" button to view the updated graph

4. Is there a way to save and recall Y-values on a TI89 Titanium calculator?

Yes, you can save and recall Y-values on a TI89 Titanium calculator by using the "TABLE" feature. Follow these steps:
1. Press the "TABLE" button
2. Enter the Y-values in the "Y1=" field
3. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the desired Y-value
4. Press "ENTER" to save the Y-value
5. To recall the Y-value, navigate to it using the arrow keys and press "ENTER"

5. Can I export or transfer the Y-values from a TI89 Titanium calculator to a computer?

Yes, you can export or transfer Y-values from a TI89 Titanium calculator to a computer by using a USB cable and the TI Connect software. Follow these steps:
1. Connect the calculator to the computer using a USB cable
2. Open the TI Connect software on the computer
3. Select the "TI Device Explorer" option
4. Navigate to the "Lists & Spreadsheet" section and select the desired Y-values
5. Click on the "Send to Computer" button to export the Y-values to the computer