The Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis

• News
  • Thread starter schwarzchildradius
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final
In summary, the conversation discusses a potential solution to the healthcare crisis by allowing for the sale of human organs. Proponents argue that this would provide a way for poor and sick individuals to pay for medical bills while also increasing the supply of organs for those in need. However, others raise concerns about the potential for the rich and social elite to monopolize the organ trade and the ethical implications of treating human lives as commodities. Some suggest that being an organ donor is a step in the right direction and a way to continue living on through helping others. Overall, the conversation highlights the complexities and differing opinions surrounding the idea of legalizing the sale of human organs.

Don't you think it's compassionate to allow trade of human organs?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Yes, but not my organs!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
schwarzchildradius
The "Final Solution" to the Healthcare Crisis

Make no mistake, we can solve the health care crisis fairly. All it takes is a little thinking outside the box. Say for example, that you had broken your wrist and needed it to be set properly by a qualified physician. If you did not have health insurance, you'd be screwed. Likewise, say for example you had destroyed your vital organs with years of substance abuse, yet you can't get a transplant organ because they are scarce- nobody wants to give them up for free.

Ladies and gentlemen I have your solution. trade the un-necessary, redundant organs that are cluttering up your physique for vital life-saving surgery! Mankind invented the concept of money for a reason-- not not have to be encumbered by things un-necessary for survival. Why not solve two problems at one time? Allow for the sale of human organs. Poor sick people will be able to pay their medical bills, while enabling the lifestyles of the rich and degenerate. The free sale of organs would increase the supply, shortening the wait and sometimes needless deaths of people in need of them. It would also provide plenty of capital to impoverished donors desperately in need of medical care, but unable to afford it.

Don't you think it's compassionate to allow the free trade of human organs?

Physics news on Phys.org
Exactly how many superfluous organs do humans have, by your estimation? You can live without one of your kidneys, and maybe without one of your lungs, and part of your liver can grow back if removed, but beyond that, I can't think of anything.

Using Simple economic theory I can predict that this would simple further enable the rich to achieve monopoly over human organs. I can see no good coming of this, only the ability for the social elite to start directly trading with human lives.

Smurf said:
Using Simple economic theory I can predict that this would simple further enable the rich to achieve monopoly over human organs. I can see no good coming of this, only the ability for the social elite to start directly trading with human lives.
It would enable far more than just "the rich." It would help the upper middle class. Medical technology provides the possibility to save lives providing that the raw materials are available. The sale of organs and other organic material such as bone marrow is already practiced, just not legalized. I contend that it would help the lower middle class and the impoverished pay for their medical bills if they could barter with redundant organs, or accept a lein on specific organs if they died, in order to pay for basic medical care. The alternative is that they must rely on charitable care, "underground" clinics, or worse, no care at all.

Extract money from the equation and I'm in.

being an organ donor is a step in the right direction. some feel strange about that, but if you find death at an early healthy age, why do you need organs and tissue that can help another person? in a sense, part of you is continuing on... :biggrin: i am an organ donor for this reason quite frankly.

1. What is the "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis"?

The "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis" is a proposed plan to address the ongoing healthcare crisis in our society. It aims to provide a comprehensive solution to issues such as high healthcare costs, lack of access to quality healthcare, and disparities in healthcare across different demographics.

2. Who came up with the "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis"?

The "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis" is a concept that has been proposed and discussed by various experts and policymakers in the field of healthcare. It does not have one specific originator, but rather incorporates ideas and solutions from multiple sources.

3. What are the key components of the "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis"?

The key components of the "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis" may vary depending on the specific proposal, but generally include measures to reduce healthcare costs, improve access to healthcare for all individuals, and address disparities in healthcare outcomes. This may involve implementing policies such as universal healthcare, increasing government involvement in the healthcare system, and promoting preventative care.

4. Will the "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis" be effective?

It is difficult to determine the effectiveness of the "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis" without specific details and implementation plans. However, many experts believe that a comprehensive approach to addressing the healthcare crisis is necessary and could potentially lead to positive outcomes.

5. What are some potential challenges or drawbacks of the "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis"?

Some potential challenges or drawbacks of the "Final Solution to the Healthcare Crisis" may include resistance from certain groups or stakeholders, potential financial implications, and the need for significant changes in the current healthcare system. Additionally, the effectiveness of the solution may vary depending on the specific approach and implementation strategies.