French Universities For Physics

In summary, the speaker is looking for recommendations for universities in France with strong physics departments. They are currently in their second year of college and are interested in options for their bachelor's degree. They have learned some French and plan on taking another semester. They also mention UPMC as a potential university for a semester abroad.
rakeru
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone knows any universities in France that have a great physics department. I'm currently in my second year of college getting my associates degree, and I'm looking at options in France for my bachelors. My French professor is always talking about French universities, and it's made me interested. My major is physics, and I have learned two semesters of French in college, but I plan on taking another semester before I leave my current school.

Thanks beforehand :)

Physics news on Phys.org
UPMC - l'Université Pierre et Marie Curie of Université de Paris. I'm actually going for a semester abroad there next Spring.

1. What are the top universities in France for studying Physics?

The top universities in France for studying Physics include École Normale Supérieure, Université Paris-Saclay, Université PSL, Université Paris Sciences et Lettres, and Sorbonne University.

2. Are French universities for Physics taught in English or French?

Most French universities for Physics offer courses in both English and French. However, some universities may have a majority of courses taught in French, so it is important to research each university's language policy before applying.

3. How long does it take to complete a Physics degree at a French university?

The duration of a Physics degree at a French university varies depending on the level of study. A Bachelor's degree typically takes 3 years, a Master's degree takes 2 years, and a PhD can take 3-4 years.

4. What is the application process for French universities for Physics?

The application process for French universities for Physics usually involves submitting an online application, providing transcripts and test scores, and sometimes an interview or entrance exam. It is important to check the specific requirements of each university before applying.

5. Are there any scholarships available for international students studying Physics in France?

Yes, there are several scholarships available for international students studying Physics in France, such as the Eiffel Scholarship, the Erasmus+ Programme, and the Ampère Excellence Scholarships. It is recommended to check with each university and external organizations for scholarship opportunities.