Mentat should be allow to play chess

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chess
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of a person getting their name in by a deadline and being the top poster. They discuss the possibility of someone else catching up and how it may affect the round robin scenario. The person expresses their desire to play chess with the group, but is okay with not being able to. They also mention a thread on masturbation and express their disinterest in it. The other person defends the thread, stating that its appeal is in its randomness.
Zantra
Because he did get his name in by the monday deadline

And he is(last I checked?) the #1 poster.. don't know if Zero caught him.

Just my 2 cents.. I know it throws off the round robin scenario, but I'm sure we cna work it out

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you, Zantra...I really would like to be able to play chess with you guys, but I'll live either way...:frown:... ...:wink:.

BTW, Zero did finally catch me, and he's got a nice lead...for now .

Last edited:
s'ok this place has been dead for a while now...cept the masturbation thread:wink:

Originally posted by Zantra
s'ok this place has been dead for a while now...cept the masturbation thread:wink:

LOL!

I have purposefully avoided that thread, and am repelled by the idea that such a thread even exists...come on, I'm into open-mindedness, but a thread on masturbation? Puh-lease!

Well it's the longest thread I've seen in a while...and it's mostly about nothing.

*shrug* go figure

Originally posted by Zantra
it's mostly about nothing.

that's where it's beauty lies... it's like aether, isn't it? for some at least...

What is a Mentat?

A Mentat is a fictional character from the science fiction series Dune by Frank Herbert. They are humans trained to have enhanced mental abilities, such as advanced memory and calculation skills.

Why should Mentats be allowed to play chess?

Mentats possess exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills, making them well-suited to playing chess. Allowing them to play would provide a challenging and exciting opponent for other players.

Is it fair to allow Mentats to play chess?

While Mentats may have enhanced mental abilities, they are still human and subject to the same rules and limitations as other players. Allowing them to play would not give them an unfair advantage.

What are the potential benefits of allowing Mentats to play chess?

Allowing Mentats to play chess could lead to advancements in the game and potentially uncover new strategies or techniques. It could also serve as a way to showcase their impressive mental abilities.

Are there any downsides to allowing Mentats to play chess?

There may be some concerns about the potential for Mentats to dominate the game, but as with any player, it ultimately comes down to skill and strategy. Additionally, allowing Mentats to play could also bring attention and interest to the game of chess as a whole.