Adding Page Borders in Latex: A Simple Solution

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, Latex is a typesetting language used for creating professional-quality documents, particularly in fields such as mathematics, physics, and computer science. To add a page border in Latex, you can use the \fbox{} command and adjust the parameters for size and style. It is also possible to add a page border to specific sections of a document using the same command. Additional packages, such as fancybox and framed, offer more customization options for page borders in Latex.
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does anyone know how to put a border around a page in Latex? I'm not looking for anything complicated, just a single or double line.

-Hoot

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to download this:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/fancybox.html

It will allow you to border pretty much anything.

dduardo said:
You need to download this:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/fancybox.html

It will allow you to border pretty much anything.

Thanks a lot :smile:

What is Latex?

Latex is a typesetting language used for creating professional-quality documents, particularly in fields such as mathematics, physics, and computer science.

How do I add a page border in Latex?

To add a page border in Latex, you can use the \fbox{} command. This will create a border around the content within the curly braces.

Can I change the size and style of the page border?

Yes, you can change the size and style of the page border by adjusting the parameters of the \fbox{} command. For example, \fbox{\Large{content}} will create a larger border around the content.

Can I add a page border to specific sections of my document?

Yes, you can add a page border to specific sections by using the \fbox{} command within that section. You can also adjust the border size and style within the same command.

Are there any packages that can help with adding page borders in Latex?

Yes, there are several packages available that can help with adding page borders in Latex, such as fancybox and framed. These packages offer more customization options for page borders.