Warbirds and more - trivia game

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, Gokul posted two pictures of aircraft, one with a stealth plane in it and one with a paramecium. Respondent B correctly guessed the stealth plane. Respondent C guessed the paramecium, and Respondent D guessed the Northrop B-2 Spirit. Gokul posted the next clue, which was a picture of a satellite. Respondent E guessed the correct satellite, a Russian Soyuz. Respondent B guessed the next aircraft, the B-2. Respondent D guessed the Northrop B-2 Spirit again. Gokul posted the last clue, which was a picture of a person. Respondent A guessed the correct person, Kapische?.
Whatever, spot.

Physics news on Phys.org
I must thank Bystander, at least he gave very good answers during this competition. You can learn much from him Fred.

Can i jump in and school all you guys?

Okay, here's what I'm doing.

I'm giving 36 to Fred.

6 and 9 are neighbors on the numpad and it's easy to accidentally hit the other one. Besides, I don't believe Messerschmitt ever made a 292, so I think it's unlikely that Fred intended to say "Me 292".

Next...

Last edited:
Penguino said:
Can i jump in and school all you guys?

Take a hike bird-boy.

FredGarvin said:
Take a hike bird-boy.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :grumpy:

37 and 38 go to Cyrus.

And then, skipping past 39 for the moment, we have 40, which...

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :grumpy:

Seriously man, get lost.

Bah, you guys can get back to seeing whos the first one who can say a missile pointed up is "SAM" :grumpy:

Why are you still here? G.O. A.W.A.Y. N.O.W

...I'm completely throwing away. I know Cyrus was clearly referring to the Sopwith, but gained an unfair advantage by using a completely non-standard abbreviation (which is the best that can be said of "spot").

So we have Fred with 3 and Cyrus with 6, and there's 39 to decide upon...

Gokul43201 said:
So we have Fred with 3 and Cyrus with 6, and there's 39 to decide upon...
I'll concede 39.

Fine, then give Fred the camel for the spelling.

I pitty that fool anyways.

...and I'm giving 39 to Cyrus. When I said "keep it short" I didn't mean "leave it ambiguous". SA2 is just as short as SAM.

Cyrus wins by 6 points!

Last edited:
"Garvin, You can be my wingman any time."

Gokul never mentioned that the winner gets a free dinner with Penguino at Chuck E. Cheese. CONGRATS!

This was the best thread EVER, by far.

Code:
[u]FINAL SCORES[/u] :

Bystander                23
Cyrus                    45
Fred                     39
Kurdt's Charitable Fund   3

Good game all. 'Twas fun for me too! :biggrin:

Good game garvin, and remember, if you screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh!t out of Hong Kong!

It was a good game.

I'm turning in my wings. I'm holding on too tight.

Gokul,
If you ever get a chance to get on base at WPAFB, there is an R&D hangar that has a lot of the original x-planes. It's free to get in and it's very cool. It's where the XB-70 is parked. Very cool indeed.

One day I'll head down to the Udvar Hazy museum and take some really odd photographs for yall. Brush up on your gliders! :devil:

Great thread Gokul.

GoodGame,GoodGame,GoodGame,GoodGame.

FredGarvin said:
Gokul,
If you ever get a chance to get on base at WPAFB, there is an R&D hangar that has a lot of the original x-planes. It's free to get in and it's very cool. It's where the XB-70 is parked. Very cool indeed.
Fred, all the pics in this thread were taken at WPAFB, where I spent a good part of last saturday - it's an hour from home. It was my third trip there. And I went specifically for the new R&D wing which hadn't been there the last time I went. However, when I got there, around noon, I was told that all shuttles to the R&D wing were taken for the day! :cry: I'm supposed to get there when the gates open, if I want to have half of chance on a weekend...or so they say. :grumpy:

Anyway, I'll go back...sometime.

But then if y'all are game to have that PF gathering in Columbus (so far, Moonbear's up for it), we could head over to Dayton and spend some quality time, ogling.

cyrusabdollahi said:
One day I'll head down to the Udvar Hazy museum and take some really odd photographs for yall. Brush up on your gliders! :devil:

Great thread Gokul.

GoodGame,GoodGame,GoodGame,GoodGame.
Thanks Cyrus.

Gokul43201 said:
But then if y'all are game to have that PF gathering in Columbus (so far, Moonbear's up for it), we could head over to Dayton and spend some quality time, ogling.
You know...I will be spending a week or so at WPAFB sometime in November/December timeframe for some testing.

Aww man happened to be at 4am when all the planes that I knew came up and I was sound asleep. Had no chance of winning anyway :biggrin:. Another astounding thread though Gokul. Thanks.