KAL 007 Shootdown: Facts & Conspiracy

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary: I am more inclined to believe in some sort of extraterrestrial involvement.Finally some interesting post ! :wink: All the science stuff just gives me headache. Yeah ! evil, monsters, commie Russians shot down plane full of people without provocation.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
http://www.geocities.com/ke007us/

So i was watching modern marvels and they mentioned something about a commercial jet or something being shot down and i never heard of it so i took a look on google. First site i see is a 'conspiracy' site so i was wondering if anyone would like to have some fun and see what this is all about. Or maybe stoned can defend the conspiracy theory and not give us sources :wink: lol

Physics news on Phys.org
The incident certainly happened. The conspiracy theories take off wrt the reasons why the flight had strayed so far from the designated course.

Well yah it happened but this guy says there was some huge military engagement the US government covered up and we lost 30 military personal to being shot down.

Finally some interesting post ! :wink: All the science stuff just gives me headache.
Yeah ! evil, monsters, commie Russians shot down plane full of people without provocation.
Of course what they say is just a half the truth, honestly I don't know what to think about it, but it smells of conspiracy. If you would ask me for example about Senator Wellstone plane crash I would say 100 % government operation to liquidate "dangerous" element, but KAL OO7 is very complex case.Interesting thing is that aboard KAL007 was also very high ranking US politician maybe even senator or congressman opposed to US policy at that time. Hmm..

SOMEONE's exited :rolleyes:

See stoned, as usual, no sources. I demand sources to your crazy claim of politicians taking PUBLIC transportation, pblack! Silly Canadians, they just don't understand how our politicians waste our money... ;) hehehe

I have never been inclined to assume that espionage [that we were spying] was involved, but it really wouldn't be so hard to believe. And it is a bit hard to understand how the plane ended up where it did. IIRC, there were several chances for the pilots to see that they were off course, but for one reason or another, they missed all the clues.

tomorrow I'm going to dig for some sources, it is almost 3 am i have to sleep now. :zzz: :zzz:

give it up stone, politicians waste our money! :D

whoa crap... there was going to be something on the news tonight (or well, last night technically) and there hook was "and there using your tax dollars!" ... i wanted to see how else my money is being wasted.

The KAL plane carried nuclear waste. The crew was dying of AIDS, and were promised their families would be well cared for if the mission was completed. The passengers were enemy combatants and political subversives who had been sentenced to death by a secretly convened NSA tribunal. The wind just happened to be blowing toward North Korea that day. They scooped it up, reprocessed and built their nukes from the fallout.

So your position is that the U.S. government would never spy on the Soviets and then lie about it when it turns into a disaster? :rolleyes:

I believe teh soviets are spying on me right now. No not US, me... me personally... there's someone always outside my window with a red cap with a star on it...

just like 9/11 helped neocons in US government wage war at will without any constrains, so did KAL 007 affair helped Reagan administration accelerate massive military builup, thus finnancially destroying Soviet block.

Why do people always resort to cracking jokes when they don't have the answers?

Well, if you want to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs. Oh excuse me that was jokes, not yolks, sorry...

Overdose said:
Yeah, seriously - the "answers" are funny enough on their own. :rolleyes:

Maybe it happened pretty much the way it was reported. The North Koreans have done a decent job of proving they are not trustworthy. I suspect China is nearly as thrilled with their recent behavior as is South Korea.

Chronos said:
Maybe it happened pretty much the way it was reported. The North Koreans have done a decent job of proving they are not trustworthy. I suspect China is nearly as thrilled with their recent behavior as is South Korea.

what china and n.korea has to do with KAL 007 flight ?

Overdose said:

I think those jokes ARE the answers for some people lol.

Overdose said:

People make jokes about these things because most of the questions already have answers and the conspiracy theorists don't listen.

I find it hard to believe that my own government could perpetrate such wide ranging things as UFO cover ups when they couldn't even keep quiet the fact that our last president was having hanky panky with an intern in the White House :rofl:

1. What is KAL 007?

KAL 007 refers to Korean Air Lines Flight 007, a passenger flight that was shot down by Soviet Air Force fighters on September 1, 1983. The flight was en route from New York City to Seoul, South Korea, and was carrying 269 passengers and crew members.

2. What happened to KAL 007?

KAL 007 deviated from its planned flight path and entered Soviet airspace over the Kamchatka Peninsula. The Soviet Union claimed that the flight was on a spy mission and ordered it to land, but when the flight did not comply, Soviet fighters shot it down. The wreckage and remains of the passengers were never found.

3. What are the facts surrounding the KAL 007 shootdown?

The facts include the flight's deviation from its intended path, the warning messages from Soviet authorities, and the shootdown itself. The Soviet Union initially denied any involvement, but later admitted to shooting down the flight. The United States and other countries conducted extensive investigations, but the exact circumstances and motivations behind the shootdown remain controversial.

4. What are the conspiracy theories surrounding the KAL 007 shootdown?

There are several conspiracy theories surrounding the KAL 007 shootdown, including claims that the flight was intentionally targeted by the Soviet Union or that it was part of a larger political scheme. Some theories suggest that the flight was actually a spy mission for the United States, and that the Soviet Union was justified in shooting it down. However, there is no concrete evidence to support these theories.

5. Is there any new information or evidence about the KAL 007 shootdown?

In 2013, South Korea released documents indicating that the flight may have been on a spy mission for the United States. However, the validity of these documents is still debated. There have also been ongoing efforts to locate the wreckage and remains of the passengers, but as of now, there is no new information or evidence that has definitively answered the questions surrounding the KAL 007 shootdown.