Restaurant revamp - Boring flop

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Bobby Flay's new show on the Food Network, Restaurant Revamp, is a failed attempt at a Gordon Ramsay type restaurant makeover. The show was boring and Flay's attempts at revamping a small pizza place were not successful. His lack of flair for this kind of thing was evident and it was painful to watch. Even worse, he had the restaurant staff do a wine tasting, but they were swallowing the wine instead of spitting it out like professionals. This disaster of a show is not worth watching, according to food TV critic Evo.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Bobby Flay has a new show on the Food Network called Restaurant Revamp, a horribly failed attempt at a Gordon Ramsay type restaurant makeover.

The show was boring, boring, and then more boring.

This little pizza place with only one tiny pizza oven and Flay tells them to cook fish in the pizza oven. The chef tells Flay "if I cook fish in the pizza oven, everything is going to smell like fish". Gee, you think? I know when I order pizza I want it to smell like day old mackeral.

Ramsay has a flair for this kind of thing, Bobby Flay does not and it was painful to watch.

Oh dear, now he's having the restaurant staff do a wine tasting to learn about wine and these people are actually swallowing the wine. You can actually see their noses turning red.
People, you're not supposed to actually swallow the wine when you're doing a real wine tasting! Swallowing is for parties where it's just for fun and getting drunk. Professionals spit the wine out. :rolleyes: Does Flay not even know this?

Anyone else see this disaster?

If you haven't, don't bother. You'll thank me for an hour saved.

Evo - PF food tv critic.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Bobby Flay has a new show on the Food Network called Restaurant Revamp, a horribly failed attempt at a Gordon Ramsey type restaurant makeover.

The show was boring, boring, and then more boring.

This little pizza place with only one tiny pizza oven and Flay tells them to cook fish in the pizza oven. The chef tells Flay "if I cook fish in the pizza oven, everything is going to smell like fish". Gee, you think? I know when I order pizza I want it to smell like day old mackeral.

Ramsey has a flair for this kind of thing, Bobby Flay does not and it was painful to watch.

Oh dear, now he's having the restaurant staff do a wine tasting to learn about wine and these people are actually swallowing the wine. You can actually see their noses turning red.
People, you're not supposed to actually swallow the wine when you're doing a real wine tasting! Swallowing is for parties where it's just for fun and getting drunk. Professionals spit the wine out. :rolleyes: Does Flay not even know this?

Anyone else see this disaster?

If you haven't, don't bother. You'll thank me for an hour saved.

Evo - PF food tv critic.

I'm thanking you already. Bobby Flay is no Gordon Ramsay. He should stick to Kitchen Stadium - which I don't watch either.

Evo said:

:rofl: That sounds like the time my brother-in-law made the mistake of inviting my sister and her friend along with him to a wine tasting event for restauranteurs. As much as I think he's a hack, he at least knows how to do a wine tasting properly. My sister and her friend don't. They were happily drinking all the wines offered. :rofl: My poor brother-in-law was SO embarrassed by them and then had to drive two very drunk women home. My sister and her friend are trouble when they are sober; I cannot imagine the headache they gave him when drunk!

Flay? More like Fi-llette amirite? Eh eh?

What is a restaurant revamp?

A restaurant revamp is when a restaurant undergoes changes in its menu, decor, concept, or overall business strategy in order to improve its performance and attract more customers.

Why would a restaurant need to be revamped?

A restaurant may need to be revamped for various reasons, such as declining sales, outdated menu or decor, negative customer reviews, or changes in market trends.

What are some common mistakes that can lead to a boring and unsuccessful restaurant revamp?

Some common mistakes include not understanding the target market, making drastic changes without considering customer preferences, and not conducting proper market research.

How can a restaurant revamp be successful?

A successful restaurant revamp involves careful planning, understanding the target market, making changes that align with current market trends, and soliciting feedback from customers.

What are some ways to make a restaurant revamp more exciting and appealing to customers?

Some ways to make a restaurant revamp more exciting and appealing to customers include introducing new and unique menu items, updating the decor to create a more inviting atmosphere, and utilizing social media and other marketing strategies to promote the changes and attract new customers.