How Will the 2,000,000th Post Impact Our Community?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: We're at 1,999,980 now...In summary, we are approaching three major milestones on Physics Forums: 2,000,000 posts, 150,000 members, and 250,000 threads. There is speculation about potential prizes for the 2,000,000th post poster and for guessing the exact date and time of the milestone. Several members are also approaching personal milestones for their post counts. As the milestone nears, the excitement and anticipation is growing.
Evo said:
You aren't wearing underwear.
Damn!

Physics news on Phys.org
Oops! I'll make more effort for the 3 millionth. :wink:

Wait, are Mentors eligible for 2-millionth-post award?

That cracks me up. But after all, Kurdt is the best Kurdt.

dlgoff said:
That cracks me up. But after all, Kurdt is the best Kurdt.
Second only to MIH.

turbo-1 said:
Second only to MIH.
Actually, Redbelly98 was the first "Best Kurdt". MIH was the second "Best Kurdt".

I think MIH won the voting, then was promoted to Mentor so it passed to me.

At any rate as a Mentor, Kurdt cannot be Best Kurdt.

Evo said:
Actually, Redbelly98 was the first "Best Kurdt". MIH was the second "Best Kurdt".
I stand corrected. Kurdt is the 3rd-best Kurdt (so far, barring another poll on chat).

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I think some older posts need to be deleted so we can get a better 2 millionth post. :biggrin:

Haha, good idea!

I'll write the new 2,000,000 th post! I'll probably need Evo's GOOBF card though. :uhh:

turbo-1 said:
I'll write the new 2,000,000 th post! I'll probably need Evo's GOOBF card though. :uhh:

I'll give you one, turbo :wink:! Go crazy!

Pssst...over here...I've got some GOOBF cards I can sell you really cheap. They just, um, slipped in with my stuff when I cleared out my locker in the mentor's lounge...yeah, that's what happened.

Redbelly98 said:
6 more users are within 20 of getting to 1000!
And I'm hereby up to a modest number of 100 posts... :shy:

I just wanted to say that Physics Forums is one of the most beautiful things humanity has created - a lots of kind people helping others understanding physics. I've had tremendous help from using this forum with all the help of you folks here. How is the forum financed? Does the administrators, mentors and homework helpers get some salary?

Thanks a lot again! :!)

Mårten said:
And I'm hereby up to a modest number of 100 posts... :shy:

I just wanted to say that Physics Forums is one of the most beautiful things humanity has created - a lots of kind people helping others understanding physics. I've had tremendous help from using this forum with all the help of you folks here. How is the forum financed? Does the administrators, mentors and homework helpers get some salary?

Thanks a lot again! :!)
Congratulations on you 100th post :smile:

And thank you for your kind words, its nice to know that all the hard work that we all put in is appreciated.

PF is a strictly not-for-profit organisation. All the staff including the administrators, mentors, homework helpers and science advisers are volunteers who receive no salary. We do it just for the love of it :biggrin:

PF's income comes from Google Adwords and voluntary contributions from members (see the upgrade tab on the navigation bar).

For more information on the history of PF see the associated library entry: https://www.physicsforums.com/library.php?do=view_item&itemid=83

Last edited:
Hootenanny said:
PF is a strictly not-for-profit organisation. All the staff including the administrators, mentors, homework helpers and science advisers are volunteers who receive no salary. We do it just for the love of it :biggrin:
Waoh, that's really amazing. As close to true altruism as you can come. o:)

We should break the 150,000 member mark today.

We're past it but we missed it.:frown:

We broke 150K late that evening, PDT.