Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
In summary, the player was able to spank the monkey at 428 miles per hour, but was unable to spank it any faster. Despite this, the monkey did not run out of gas before reaching the final destination. Additionally, the player was able to get a few over 100 mph, but had trouble with their mouse and hand at higher speeds.
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice one! You spanked the monkey at 428 miles per hour!

yes that is good, I use a little trick that I invented

little trick you invented.. haha

After several attempts I was able to spank that monkey at 57 miles per hour. Despite the comparatively slow speed my tank did not run out of gas before reaching the final destination.

BoulderHead said:
After several attempts I was able to spank that monkey at 57 miles per hour. Despite the comparatively slow speed my tank did not run out of gas before reaching the final destination.

I got a few over 100 mph, but my mouse seemed to be off the screen already and the hand hadn't moved. It doesn't seem to respond properly to my mouse. It stalls halfway. Maybe you need a fast connection for it to work right?

I've come to the conclusion that my cheap optical mouse is incapable of proper function once it has passed the 190mph mark, as it seems to unexplainedly appear some way behind the line at wheich I started.

matthyaouw said:
I've come to the conclusion that my cheap optical mouse is incapable of proper function once it has passed the 190mph mark, as it seems to unexplainedly appear some way behind the line at wheich I started.

Nah, it's the game or connection or something, not the mouse. I have a trackpad, and it's doing the same thing.

Actually, my trackpad (at least i think its a trackpad. Do you mean one of those little touch sensitive things you get on laptops? fares better, with my record at about 350. I recall having done better witha regular mouse last time i played this. Perhaps I'll have to find one.

My friend told me of her uncles record- 800ish mph, but knocked the keyboard off the table and hit the dog. Spanking the monkey is fun everybody, but play safe when others are present.

Moonbear said:
I got a few over 100 mph, but my mouse seemed to be off the screen already and the hand hadn't moved. It doesn't seem to respond properly to my mouse. It stalls halfway. Maybe you need a fast connection for it to work right?
My Internet connection is a fast one. Methinks my trembly hand is the culprit.

One of my martial arts buddies got me into this.

Fastest I spanked was around 380 mph.

Yeah I think I have gotten into the thousands earlier but I only tried a few more times

You're all going to go blind.

Ivan Seeking said:
You're all going to go blind.

I heard that was just a myth.

It is indeed a myth. The worst that can happen is hair will grow on palm of offending hand. :biggrin:

BoulderHead said:
It is indeed a myth. The worst that can happen is hair will grow on palm of offending hand. :biggrin:

I've wondered why that's happening. :wink:

I had an idea; it could be a cure for baldness.
Now, that's using your head !

BoulderHead said:

:rofl: (and 10 character space-filler)

Oh, yee scoffers

I have photos to prove it can be done... :approve:

(unfortunately, I'm not in any of them) :cry:

BoulderHead said:

I've noticed my hair was getting thicker.

http://www.reelwavs.com/movies/harry_potter/dwellondreams.wav

1. What is "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!"?

"Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!" is a popular online game that challenges players to click on a moving monkey as many times as possible within a set time limit.

2. How do you play "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!"?

To play "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!", simply click on the monkey as many times as you can within the given time frame. The faster you click, the higher your score will be.

3. Is "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!" a scientifically accurate test of speed?

No, "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!" is just a fun game and should not be used as a scientific measure of speed. Factors such as internet connection and individual clicking abilities can affect the results.

4. Can I improve my speed in "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!"?

Yes, with practice and quick reflexes, you can certainly improve your speed in "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!" However, it is important to remember that this game is just for entertainment and should not be taken too seriously.

5. Are there different levels or versions of "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!"?

Yes, there are different versions and variations of "Spank the Monkey - Test Your Speed & Win!" available online, but the basic concept remains the same - click on the monkey as fast as you can. Some versions may have additional challenges or features, such as obstacles or power-ups.