Innovation or Stupidity? Discover the Surprising Truth in this Eye-Opening Image

• Thread starter Kartiky14
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Innovation
In summary, the man in the picture is Bruce Banner and he'll hurt his leg doing so and his heart rate will increase == HULK! and he'll die soon. Physics demands this.
Kartiky14
http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/2314/97254530.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Stupidity. The guy would be dead in a minute or so from asphyxiation.

I can't even tell what he's doing. Is he kicking the windmill?
I don't see the purpose of that set up.

the reason why windmills use wind to turn them is because wind is a nearly infinite source of power as long as it's blowing. If the guy (or something else) pushed on the windmill, all of his energy would go directly into generating electricity. So why not just have the guy do something else that doesn't involve a giant vacuum chamber.

I'd suggest submitting it to the Department of Energy. May get some funding to develop this idea.

Would we have to convert our grid to 9v?

Oh and for patent protection update the battery type to rechargeable, so your patent doesn't get trumped with a superior design, however unlikely the possibility of something being superior to this.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9827/41973280.jpg
Version 2 for the first reply.

nitsuj said:
i'd suggest submitting it to the department of energy. May get some funding to develop this idea.

Would we have to convert our grid to 9v?

Oh and for patent protection update the battery type to rechargeable, so your patent doesn't get trumped with a superior design, however unlikely the possibility of something being superior to this.

l.o.l

SHISHKABOB said:
the reason why windmills use wind to turn them is because wind is a nearly infinite source of power as long as it's blowing. If the guy (or something else) pushed on the windmill, all of his energy would go directly into generating electricity. So why not just have the guy do something else that doesn't involve a giant vacuum chamber.

Remember, Newton's law of inertia ??

leroyjenkens said:
I can't even tell what he's doing. Is he kicking the windmill?
I don't see the purpose of that set up.

Just get it moving somehow, initially.
OK, assume that the man in the picture is Bruce Banner and he'll hurt his leg doing so and his heart rate will increase == HULK!

Happy!?

Perhaps these pictures were intended to be funny, but the only thing they do is they break the forum formatting because they are too wide.

Kartiky14 said:
Version 2 for the first reply.

You've only delayed the issue because that oxygen tank can only last a finite amount of time. He will die soon. Physics demands this.

Seriously though, this idea is stupid and I hope you realize this. The instant someone tries to draw a current (in other words, actually use the electricity), the turbines will come to a stop via Lenz's law. I actually did this once in class as it is very easy to show. I setup a steam turbine generator system and boiled some water to spin the sucker. It setup a good 10-12V AC potential. Then I hooked up a small 1 watt incandescent light bulb to the generator , allowing current to actually flow. The instant I connected it, the generator stopped dead in its tracks. The back EMF stopped the turbine just as any actual load on your hypothetical system would stop the turbines immediately as well.

Kartiky14 said:
Remember, Newton's law of inertia ??

remember conservation of energy and friction?

I thought it was one of those make funny comments threads.

The idea of it as a practical joke is far far better then it as a practical idea.

Pengwuino said:
You've only delayed the issue because that oxygen tank can only last a finite amount of time. He will die soon. Physics demands this.

Seriously though, this idea is stupid and I hope you realize this. The instant someone tries to draw a current (in other words, actually use the electricity), the turbines will come to a stop via Lenz's law. I actually did this once in class as it is very easy to show. I setup a steam turbine generator system and boiled some water to spin the sucker. It setup a good 10-12V AC potential. Then I hooked up a small 1 watt incandescent light bulb to the generator , allowing current to actually flow. The instant I connected it, the generator stopped dead in its tracks. The back EMF stopped the turbine just as any actual load on your hypothetical system would stop the turbines immediately as well.

Hmmm...Seems like a flaw.It needs a bit of a thought, though :P

shishkabob said:
"gigantic vacuum chamber"

Borek said:
Perhaps these pictures were intended to be funny, but the only thing they do is they break the forum formatting because they are too wide.

Sorry, for the dimensions

Kartiky14 said:
shishkabob said:
And the friction on the mechanisms and via the magnetic field :rolleyes:

Since you have the battery shorted out all this setup will do is create a very hot wire and/or blow the battery.

phinds said:
Since you have the battery shorted out all this setup will do is create a very hot wire and/or blow the battery.

Thus, killing the guy.

See, the guy always dies.

Pengwuino said:
Thus, killing the guy.

See, the guy always dies.

Maybe the purpose of the device is to kill the guy in an innovative way.

leroyjenkens said:
Maybe the purpose of the device is to kill the guy in an innovative way.
Or a stupid way...

omg you guys are too funny. :smile:

For some reason it makes me think about

lol :D

Possibly on par with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z86V_ICUCD4

Kartiky14 said:

"conservation of energy and friction"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
More depressing than the pictures :P

rollcast said:
Possibly on par with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z86V_ICUCD4

I saw that just a day ago and had an idea.

Fortunately, someone else wasted their time building it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkgoSOSGrx4

1. What is the purpose of "Innovation or Stupidity? Discover the Surprising Truth in this Eye-Opening Image"?

The purpose of this image is to challenge our perceptions and biases towards new ideas and innovations. It aims to spark critical thinking and open-mindedness towards unconventional or seemingly "stupid" ideas.

2. How does this image define innovation and stupidity?

This image defines innovation as the creation or introduction of something new or improved, while stupidity is defined as a lack of intelligence or common sense. It suggests that what may seem innovative to some may be perceived as stupid by others.

3. Is there a clear distinction between innovation and stupidity?

No, there is not a clear distinction between innovation and stupidity. The line between the two can be blurred and subjective, as what may be considered an innovative idea to one person may be seen as stupid to another.

4. Can something be both innovative and stupid?

Yes, something can be both innovative and stupid. This image suggests that innovation and stupidity are not mutually exclusive and can coexist in a single idea or concept.

5. How can this image impact our understanding of innovation and stupidity?

This image can challenge our preconceived notions of what is considered innovative and stupid. It can encourage us to think critically and be open to new and unconventional ideas, rather than dismissing them as stupid without giving them a chance.