Exploring the 6th Dimension: A 10th Grader's Perspective

• Thread starter GODisALIVE
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dimension
In summary, the Sixth Dimension is speculated to be a dimension where length, width, and height exist over a distance in infinite repitition. It is also speculated that if we were to put ourselves in the Sixth Dimension, we would be able to fork the universe with our decisions.
GODisALIVE
Ok, so I'm new to this message board and I'm only in 10th grade so please bere with me. So being from a small town I've decided to take on a big project and write a research paper on the Sixth Dimension. Here is my understanding of the dimensions so far:
Zeroth Dimension= a point, consisting of only a location.
First Dimension= a line, consisting of only length.
Second Dimension= consisting of only length and width.
Third Dimension= consisting of only length, width and heigth.
Forth Dimension= consisting of only length, width, and heigth over a distance.
Fifth Dimension= consisting of only length, width, and heigth over a distance in infinite repitition.
Sixth Dimension= (as I understand) consists of length, width, and heigth over a distance in infinite repitition going out in every direction from itself.

If I'm wrong on any of these please correct me. Also, if we were to put ourselves in the Sixth Dimension would we be able to fork the universe with our decisions to the choices we have?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
where do these dimensions stop? i mean what determines their size?

Well...

light_bulb said:
where do these dimensions stop? i mean what determines their size?

Some people believe there are an infinite number of dimensions, as for there size I don't know what determines that. Please try to answere my question.

Last edited:
Length, height, and width are the first three dimensions. Time is usually considered to be the forth dimension. Higher dimensions are predicted by String Theory but we don't know if this theory is correct. Some people even argue that it doesn't and might never qualify as true theory of science because it may not be "falsifiable".

I suggest that you watch this:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

Note: You are welcome to ask questions, that's why we're here, but it is against the forum rules to post personal theories.

If you want to learn about science this is a good place to start. :smile:

Last edited:
you being too general. here how i think it could work, we exist on planes that have to fold over at some point, each plane is like one face on a hedron that is a perfect sphere. still you need a starting point and a known size. so anyway how do you fork a sphere? i guess that depends what it's made of.

Last edited:
Are you basing all of this on string theory's assumptions?

1. What is the 6th dimension?

The 6th dimension is a theoretical concept in physics that goes beyond the three dimensions of space (length, width, and height) and the fourth dimension of time. It is believed that there could be up to 10 dimensions in our universe, with the 6th dimension being one of them.

2. How is the 6th dimension different from the other dimensions?

The 6th dimension is different from the other dimensions because it is a higher dimension and can only be understood through mathematical models and theories. It is not something that can be perceived or experienced in our daily lives like the other dimensions.

3. How can we explore the 6th dimension?

Exploring the 6th dimension is not yet possible with our current technology. However, scientists are using mathematical models and theories to understand and explore this dimension. They also conduct experiments and observations to test these theories.

4. What are some possible implications of understanding the 6th dimension?

Understanding the 6th dimension could have major implications for our understanding of the universe and the laws of physics. It could also lead to advancements in technology and potential breakthroughs in fields such as quantum mechanics and astrophysics.

5. How can a 10th grader understand the concept of the 6th dimension?

While the concept of the 6th dimension may seem complex, there are resources available for students at all levels to understand it. These include books, videos, and interactive simulations that break down the concept into simpler terms and use relatable examples to explain it.