How come science and technology blossomed with our species;

In summary: The ability to learn is something that is unique to our species and it is what allowed us to expand our intelligence beyond what was possible for other animals.In summary, our species is the only one that science and technology have really blossomed to such a degree, so I'd think everybody knows which species I'm talking about. And, that blossoming is part of the clue that I'm seeing. People have tried to suggest human thinking is qualitativelly different; maybe it is, but the boundaries have proven pretty elusive so far, so I'm going to say that all life is intelligence; it took intelligence to create Gaia. There are many animals that use technologies from sea otters, to birds building their nests; spiders make
flashgordon2!
Since our species is the only one that science and technology has really blossomed to such a degree, I'd think everybody knows which species I'm talking about. And, that blossoming is part of the clue that I'm seeing. People have tried to suggest human thinking is qualitativelly different; maybe it is, but the boundaries have proven pretty elusive so far, so I'm going to say that all life is intelligence; it took intelligence to create Gaia. There are many animals that use technologies from sea otters, to birds building their nests; spiders make webs; ancient bacteria built domes(cities of bacteria). Primates have used technologies for awhile now, but they havn't blossomed into civilization and mathematics quite the way we have. Why?

The clue that I feel is pretty important comes from my years of hiking; I've always noticed how all the other animals never loose concentration on the very present moment; if they do, they die. In jungles, this concentration requirement is without dought, but what about elsewhere? Yes, other areas are less concentratiion dependent; basically, the form of the animal is important which has been pointed out time and time again - the opposable thumb; the upright walking style - even overlapping vision.

What I'm saying is when the jungle turned into savanah's, the requirement of concentration on the very moment went way down compared to before for our species primate ancestors. This phenomenon happened many times to be sure before; but, before, the right form of animal to breed in the jungles(growing up in the trees improved our dependence on the eye and vision for our imagination); but, once the right form of life was freed of having to be in total concentration of the present moment, it's imagination was freed to think about other things.

Now, that doesn't mean we were ready for abstract thought then; it took millions of years for the brain to reorganize itself once freed; but, that reorganization was a responce to being freed to think about other things; this also doens't mean our primate ancestors didn't have to concentrate from time to time, but quantitativelly, our minds were freed when the jungle receded, and then we went through a certain time period of change in the brain(and body).

Biology news on Phys.org
I remember reading an article at physorg about how genetic evidence indicates the brain changed around 6K years ago; in other words, it isn't necessarilly that something qualitative is different from the rest of life, but that given the environement to release and explore in different ways, the brain will; i mean, were homo sapiens not intelligent pre-6k years ago? Of course not! They were intelligent when drawing in those caves, cooking with fire hundreds of thousands of years ago, making stone tools millions of years ago, finding food and dealing with all manner of enemies in rain forests even more millions of years ago and the same with all the rest of life.

Do other animals that live in open spaces demonstrate any particular advantage in intelligence?

My own pet theory is that changing environment happened to push us through a series of evolutionary hoops: We have adaptations for jungle(hands) savanah (legs) and water (nose and skin)

Rather than being especially good at anyone thing, we became highly adaptible.

Our skill set also had to be adaptable which was solved through the ability to learn skills rather than simply inherit them.

1. How did our species develop the knowledge and skills to advance science and technology?

The development of science and technology in our species is a result of our evolutionary history and the unique cognitive abilities of humans. Over millions of years, our ancestors evolved larger brains and enhanced cognitive capabilities, allowing us to think abstractly, problem-solve, and communicate effectively. These traits, combined with our curiosity and desire to understand the world around us, led to the development of science and technology.

2. What factors contributed to the growth of science and technology in human societies?

The growth of science and technology in human societies can be attributed to several factors, including advancements in education and communication, the rise of civilizations and empires, the spread of trade and ideas, and the development of institutions and funding for scientific research. Additionally, competition and collaboration between different cultures and societies have also played a significant role in driving scientific progress.

3. How has science and technology impacted the development of human societies?

The impact of science and technology on human societies has been immense. They have enabled us to improve our standard of living, increase our lifespan, and enhance our understanding of the natural world. They have also played a crucial role in shaping our cultures, economies, and daily lives. From agriculture and medicine to transportation and communication, science and technology have revolutionized the way we live, work, and interact with each other.

4. What are some key scientific and technological advancements that have shaped our species?

Throughout history, there have been countless scientific and technological advancements that have shaped our species. Some key examples include the development of agriculture, the invention of the wheel, the discovery of electricity, the Industrial Revolution, the invention of the printing press, the creation of vaccines and antibiotics, and the rise of the internet and digital technologies. These advancements have had a profound impact on our evolution and have allowed us to overcome challenges and thrive as a species.

5. How will science and technology continue to evolve and impact our species in the future?

As our understanding of the world and our capabilities continue to expand, science and technology will play an even more significant role in shaping our species. We can expect to see advancements in fields such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, renewable energy, and space exploration. These developments have the potential to greatly improve our lives, but also pose ethical and societal challenges that will need to be addressed. As long as humans continue to push the boundaries of knowledge and innovation, science and technology will continue to blossom and shape our species.