Should a Muslim Coalition Take Control in Afghanistan?

• News
  • Thread starter nabki
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the presence of United Arab Emirates troops in Afghanistan for the past 5 years, with a positive report on the situation. The question is raised whether NATO and the US should hand over control to a Muslim coalition of nations, which has never been tried before. One participant believes it could be a good idea, but another is unsure about giving control to them. They also mention that any help would be welcome in the current situation in Afghanistan.
nabki
i just saw the report on BBC World, and it says that there have been troops from the United Arab Emirates in afghanistan for the last 5 years. the report (in my oppinion) gives a glowing report on the situation. do you think that NATO and the US should give control in afghanistan over to a muslim coalition of nations? it has never been tried before, but personally i think that it would be a pretty good idea.
sorry for not quoting from the BBC website, i can't seem to be able to connect to it.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know about giving control to them, but any help would be welcome.

Afghanistan and Iraq are completely different situations, and we got help when we went to Afghanistan because it was justified. We sure could use any help we can get at this point.

As a scientist, my expertise lies in the field of research and analysis, rather than political decision-making. However, I can offer some insights from a scientific perspective.

Firstly, it is important to acknowledge that the situation in Afghanistan is complex and multi-faceted, with various factors contributing to the current state of affairs. It would be difficult to attribute success or failure solely to the presence or absence of UAE troops.

Secondly, while a Muslim coalition may bring a different perspective and approach to the situation, it is important to consider the potential challenges and implications of such a shift in control. This includes ensuring effective communication and coordination among the coalition members, as well as addressing potential cultural and political differences.

Furthermore, any decision to transfer control should be based on a thorough evaluation of the capabilities and readiness of the coalition to handle the responsibilities and challenges of maintaining stability and security in Afghanistan.

Ultimately, the decision to transfer control should be made based on a comprehensive and objective analysis of the situation, rather than solely on personal opinions or desires. It is important to prioritize the safety and well-being of the people in Afghanistan, and any actions taken should be aimed at achieving long-term stability and progress in the region.

What is the purpose of UAE troops in Afghanistan?

The UAE has sent troops to Afghanistan as part of the NATO-led mission to support the Afghan government and help stabilize the country. They are also working to combat terrorism and promote regional security.

How many UAE troops are currently stationed in Afghanistan?

As of 2021, there are approximately 100 Emirati troops in Afghanistan as part of the NATO-led Resolute Support mission.

What role do UAE troops play in Afghanistan?

The UAE troops are primarily responsible for providing training and assistance to the Afghan security forces, as well as participating in counterterrorism operations.

How long have UAE troops been in Afghanistan?

The UAE has been involved in the NATO-led mission in Afghanistan since 2003. They have also provided humanitarian aid and assistance to the country since the early 2000s.

What is the relationship between UAE and Afghanistan?

The UAE and Afghanistan have a strong diplomatic relationship, with the UAE providing significant aid and investments to Afghanistan's development. The two countries also have a shared goal of promoting stability and security in the region.