Catch All 182 episodes of How it's Made on the Science Channel!

In summary, the conversation discussed the Science Channel program How it's Made, which is currently airing all 182 episodes over the next five days. The show features detailed explanations of how various products, such as feminine pads and concrete pipes, are made through slowed down footage and exploded views. The only criticism was the voice-over writing, which has improved over time. Overall, the show is both fun and educational.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you like the Science Chanel program How it's Made, here you go. Starting now there are going to be showing all of their 182 episodes over the next five days. Here's their schedule.
http://science.discovery.com/fansites/howitsmade/episode-guide/episode-guide.html" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I just learned how feminine pads and concrete pipes are made!

Turns out, they're totally separate processes.

lisab said:

Yeah, pretty much all the girls I know buy this brand:

ceci-n-est-pas-une-pipe.jpg

dlgoff said:
If you like the Science Chanel program How it's Made, here you go. Starting now there are going to be showing all of their 182 episodes over the next five days. Here's their schedule.
http://science.discovery.com/fansites/howitsmade/episode-guide/episode-guide.html" [Broken]

I really like the show.

They did an awesome job of illuminating the very nuts and bolts of operations - the way they slowed down super-fast machinations and showed exploded views of equipment and such.

The only quirk I had with it, which has improved dramatically over time, was the voice-over writing. It used to be almost quaint and amateurish.

Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:

Surely there are commonalities!

Perhaps the iPad?...

Fun and educational, what's not to like about the show.

:)

1. What is "How it's Made"?

"How it's Made" is a television documentary series that showcases the process of manufacturing various everyday products. It originally aired in Canada in 2001 and has since become a popular show worldwide.

2. How many episodes of "How it's Made" are there?

As of 2021, there are 182 episodes of "How it's Made" that have been aired on the Science Channel. However, there may be additional episodes that have been aired in other countries.

3. What kind of products are featured on "How it's Made"?

The show covers a wide range of products, from food and household items to industrial and technological products. Some examples include candy, cars, musical instruments, and smartphones.

4. Is "How it's Made" a science show?

While the show does focus on the manufacturing process, it is not strictly a science show. It also covers topics such as history, technology, and engineering. However, the Science Channel does air the show as it aligns with their focus on educating viewers about science and technology.

5. Where can I watch "How it's Made"?

The show can be watched on the Science Channel, as well as on various streaming platforms such as Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube. It may also be available on cable or satellite TV depending on your location.