Screen Capture with Mouse Pointer: Need Help

In summary, Screen Capture & Video Recording Software for professionals and ...Mr. Captor captures anything you see on your computer screen, including the entire ... it can capture mouse cursors, menus, groups of windows, animation, ...
FredGarvin
Science Advisor
OK. Here's a stupid little thing I need to do:

I need to capture my screen to develop an instruction manual for some software. I need my screen capture program to capture my mouse pointer on the screen. All of the freeware programs I have tried do not do this. The built in Windows screen capture doesn't do it either. For some reason the mouse pointer disappears. Does anyone know of a program or an easy way to get my mouse pointer to show up on a screen capture?

Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I found several on google, but I don't know anything about them.

Freeware downloads Graphics and Photo - Screen Capture at ...The program will capture mouse movements, clicks and even optional audio comments from your microphone. You can choose to record the entire screen or just a ...
www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fwscreen.html - 87k - Cached - Similar pages

Screen Capture & Video Recording Software for professionals and ...Mr. Captor captures anything you see on your computer screen, including the entire ... it can capture mouse cursors, menus, groups of windows, animation, ...
www.fox-magic.com/ - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

I still use an old copy of Paint Shop Pro and it captures the cursor: http://merri.net/psp/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Try SnagIt.
version 7.2.5 is now free
http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/ukdn.asp [Broken]

CamStudio looks interesting. I haven't tried it yet.
http://camstudio.org/One thing that I noticed that may be of interest.
When doing a capture while ClearType is on (as it may be on an LCD), you get color artifacts that probably don't look good on anything that is not an LCD at that same resolution (e.g. paper). So, you may want to turn off ClearType. You may or may not wish to disable all font smoothing.

Cool. Thanks guys! I tried four or five different freewares and had the same result. I got tired of trying.

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/capture.asp
says, under Options, near the bottom,
"Include the cursor in your screen capture to show a viewer where to click"
http://www.techsmith.com/img/snagit/latest/screenshots/sng_tr_options.gif [Broken]

FredGarvin said:
Cool. Thanks guys! I tried four or five different freewares and had the same result. I got tired of trying.
Meaning it worked, or didn't work?

I tried a few that I knew of already and they didn't work (sorry about that). I tried the Screenhunter one in one of the links and right off the bat it did exactly what I was looking for. Now I am going through some of the others that were on the same page you posted Evo and they are working pretty good too. I now have a few to choose from.

Good to know, thanks!

Screen Capture & Video Screen Capture FreeWare

FreeWare you need Screen Capture The program will capture mouse movements
Gadwin PrintScreen
Version
Gadwin PrintScreen 4.3 freeware
Platforms
Windows® 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, 2003, XP and Vista
Date
08/20/07
Size
2.75 MB
"gadwin.com/download/ps_setup.exe" [Broken] "gadwin.com/download/ps_setup.zip" [Broken]

"gadwin.com/download/" [Broken]

FreeWare you need Video Screen Capture, The program will capture mouse movements

"www.geocities.com/billyrferrell/CamStudio20.zip" [Broken]
"www.geocities.com/billyrferrell/CamStudioCodec10.zip" [Broken]

FredGarvin said:
OK. Here's a stupid little thing I need to do:

I need to capture my screen ...

try to use Screen VidShot...

i have used kind of screen capture software called ACA Capture Pro, i think it can handle it .

1. How do I capture my screen with a mouse pointer?

To capture your screen with a mouse pointer, you can use a screen recording software such as QuickTime (for Mac) or OBS Studio (for Windows). These programs allow you to record your screen and include your mouse cursor in the recording.

2. Can I capture only a specific area of my screen with the mouse pointer?

Yes, most screen recording software allows you to select a specific area of your screen to capture. This is useful if you only want to capture a certain part of your screen that includes the mouse pointer.

3. How do I make my mouse pointer more visible in the screen recording?

Some screen recording software allows you to customize the appearance of your mouse pointer, such as changing the size, color, or shape. You can also use a highlighter tool to draw attention to your mouse pointer in the recording.

4. Can I capture a screen with a mouse pointer on a mobile device?

Yes, there are screen recording apps available for mobile devices that allow you to record your screen with a visible mouse pointer. These apps may also offer customization options for your mouse pointer.

5. How do I save or export my screen recording with the mouse pointer?

Once you have finished recording your screen with the mouse pointer, most screen recording software will allow you to save or export the recording as a video file. You can then share or upload the file as needed.