How Are You Doing, Russ? Feeling Better?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Anyway, glad you're feeling better Wollie...I hope Russ is getting better as well. Wolram woke up feeling better this morning, and Evo was asking if he wanted to go for a walk. Wolram said he would love to go for a walk, and Evo said it should be warmer there, so Wolram let the dog out. Wolram also said that he was reading the weather and found out that it's only 7 degrees with a windchill of -6 degrees, so he's feeling it now. Wolram also mentioned that he's been storing his fiddle in Kentucky and Arkansas, which is why it's still in good shape. Wolram said that he's been
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Hope you are feeling better, i woke this morning feeling fitter than a butchers dog.

Physics news on Phys.org
Good to see you back in the land of the living:smile:

Glad you're back to your old self Wolram. Hope Russ is feeling better.

Evo said:
Glad you're back to your old self Wolram. Hope Russ is feeling better.

Thanks RonL, and Evo fancy a frolic up the hills?

wolram said:
Evo fancy a frolic up the hills?
I would love that. Hopefully it's warmer there. I let the dog out this morning and thought "this isn't too bad", then I made the mistake of reading the weather and found out that it's only 7 F with a windchill of -6 F, so now I feel it. :frown:

Evo said:
I would love that. Hopefully it's warmer there. I let the dog out this morning and thought "this isn't too bad", then I made the mistake of reading the weather and found out that it's only 7 F with a windchill of -6 F, so now I feel it. :frown:

Aw, that's no fun, it is just shirt sleeve weather here if one is active.

wolram said:
Hope you are feeling better, i woke this morning feeling fitter than a butchers dog.

hi wolram, why do you like to compare your health to a dog??

Good to see you recovered, Wolram. Next time just refuse to get the flu.

Oerg said:
hi wolram, why do you like to compare your health to a dog??

I was more curious to know how fit a butcher's dog is? :rofl:

Anyway, glad you're feeling better Wollie...I hope Russ is getting better as well.

A butcher's dog is usually fit as a fiddle (that's a Kentucky/Arkansas violin)

wolram said:

Moonbear said:
I was more curious to know how fit a butcher's dog is? :rofl:

Anyway, glad you're feeling better Wollie...I hope Russ is getting better as well.

I was wondering that, too. Is the dog fitter because he gets the scraps from the butcher's meatcutting? Or is the dog overweight because of eating so many scraps? And isn't dry dog food better for a dog's dental health? Or are we talking about a clumsy butcher and the dog is missing a few body parts, but that's okay because the dog has also developed some faster reflexes? (I once had a three legged chihuahua chase me on my 10-speed down the street, so missing one or two body parts doesn't make a dog totally unfit.)

And how old is this fiddle and how has it been stored? Kentucky and Arkansas are fairly humid places so how do we know this fiddle is still fit?

BobG -
no, the butcher's dog, aka tomorrow's hamburger sale, is never fit or unfit, just a disappearing act.

BobG said:
I was wondering that, too. Is the dog fitter because he gets the scraps from the butcher's meatcutting? Or is the dog overweight because of eating so many scraps? And isn't dry dog food better for a dog's dental health? Or are we talking about a clumsy butcher and the dog is missing a few body parts, but that's okay because the dog has also developed some faster reflexes? (I once had a three legged chihuahua chase me on my 10-speed down the street, so missing one or two body parts doesn't make a dog totally unfit.)

And how old is this fiddle and how has it been stored? Kentucky and Arkansas are fairly humid places so how do we know this fiddle is still fit?

heck you people confuse me so, the topic was the health of Russ not some dogs.

Last edited:
And is this butcher's dog the same dog you were sicker than last week? How sick was the dog then if he's so fit now? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
And is this butcher's dog the same dog you were sicker than last week? How sick was the dog then if he's so fit now? :biggrin:

Ecky thump talk about obstropolous.

Did it look like this, BobG?

3-leg chihuahua.GIF

lisab said:

View attachment 12721

Your picture is still pending approval, but I can hardly wait! Please tell me it's a picture of a three-legged chihuahua at a wedding!

http://www.flathatnews.com/Confusion-Corner/465/three-legged-chihuahuas-are-this-years-new-wedding-accessory

You google three legged chihuahuas and you start to wonder if this is an actual breed of chihuahua. Why are there so many three legged chihuahuas?

Last edited by a moderator:
wolram said:
Woolie,I just found out why you were sick!

butcher's dog disease = nutritional secondary hyperparathyroidism

You've got to start eating better. :wink:

BobG said:
Your picture is still pending approval, but I can hardly wait! Please tell me it's a picture of a three-legged chihuahua at a wedding!

http://www.flathatnews.com/Confusion-Corner/465/three-legged-chihuahuas-are-this-years-new-wedding-accessory

You google three legged chihuahuas and you start to wonder if this is an actual breed of chihuahua. Why are there so many three legged chihuahuas?

did you know that chihuahuas were actually and first called chi dogs?

---but because of their size, they were stepped on and sat on so often and so many times, and that their little howl (HOUAAA) was shorted to -hua and then double ---huahua and then added to their original name chi---huahua.

Last edited by a moderator:
turbo-1 said:
Woolie,I just found out why you were sick!

butcher's dog disease = nutritional secondary hyperparathyroidism

You've got to start eating better. :wink:

Heck, when they said there may be some thing wrong with my pancreas i thought they were being insulting. that hyper wot sit sounds so much more civilised.

lisab said:

View attachment 12721

A budding Lowry in our midst, please may i have your autograph now Lisab.

lisab said:

View attachment 12721

That's awesome artwork! :rofl: Yes, it's almost an exact match except the legs were moving faster.

lisab said:

View attachment 12721

it looks mean enough to have gnawed off it's own leg

lisab said:

View attachment 12721

Is that a dog spliced with a table? It can stand at your feet and you can rest your coffee on it.

Kurdt said:
Is that a dog spliced with a table? It can stand at your feet and you can rest your coffee on it.

Yeah except you wouldn't want to sit at the corner:eek:

1. How are you feeling, Russ?

Russ: I am feeling much better now, thank you for asking!

2. What was the cause of your illness?

Russ: I had a bad case of the flu, but I am fully recovered now.

3. How long did it take for you to feel better?

Russ: It took about a week for me to feel back to my normal self.

4. Did you have to take any medication for your illness?

Russ: Yes, my doctor prescribed some antibiotics and rest to help me recover.

5. How did you manage to stay positive and get better?

Russ: I made sure to get enough rest, stay hydrated, and eat healthy foods to help my body fight off the illness. I also had a great support system of friends and family who helped to keep my spirits up.