I'll take the blame, but c'mon stupid is stupid

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, the conversation touches on the topic of playing with magnets and the consequences of not putting them away. The speakers share personal stories involving magnets causing damage and chaos, such as sticking to the answering machine and causing it to malfunction. The moral of the story is to always put away toys and never underestimate the potential damage of carelessness. The conversation also includes humorous anecdotes about a girlfriend who can't spell and a dog who inadvertently sets off a bank alarm. One speaker mentions a previous incident involving a frozen can and a carpet, which resulted in a "crop circle" in the carpet.
tribdog
I like to play with things. Magnets are so fascinating I buy them all the time. I know I should put my toys away when I'm done, but they are just a couple of small magnets so it shouldn't be a big deal. My girlfriend is a clean freak, she can't stand things not being put away. Last night I went to bed and my girlfriend started cleaning. When she came to the magnets did she put them into one of my drawers with the rest of my stuff? NO. Did she stick them on the fridge door next to the magnetic banana and magnetic strawberry? NO. Did she stick them to answering machine erasing all messages and causing the damn thing to start malfunctioning? Of Course.
Moral of the story: put away your toys when you are done playing with them, you can never underestimate the amount of damage stupidity can cause.

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
I like to play with things. Magnets are so fascinating I buy them all the time. I know I should put my toys away when I'm done, but they are just a couple of small magnets so it shouldn't be a big deal. My girlfriend is a clean freak, she can't stand things not being put away. Last night I went to bed and my girlfriend started cleaning. When she came to the magnets did she put them into one of my drawers with the rest of my stuff? NO. Did she stick them on the fridge door next to the magnetic banana and magnetic strawberry? NO. Did she stick them to answering machine erasing all messages and causing the damn thing to start malfunctioning? Of Course.
Moral of the story: put away your toys when you are done playing with them, you can never underestimate the amount of damage stupidity can cause.
Heh, heh, heh. :biggrin:

hope she doesn't read this. :biggrin:

At least she didn't try to stick it to the television.. I think you must count yourself lucky in this case :) I remember something about a frozen can, a torcher and a carpet.. even the best people make mistakes :P

Hurkyl said:
hope she doesn't read this. :biggrin:
not a problem, she doesn't understand computers. I'm going to have to print it up and stick it on the mirror if I want her to see it. She's the type who will take the magnets off the fridge and wipe it down to remove the sticky stuff holding them together.
I swear to god if it wasn't for PF I'd lose my mind.

Monique said:
At least she didn't try to stick it to the television.. I think you must count yourself lucky in this case :) I remember something about a frozen can, a torcher and a carpet.. even the best people make mistakes :P
lol, touche.
That hole is still in the carpet.

tribdog said:
lol, touche.
That hole is still in the carpet.
Oh? I must've missed this one!

It was hilarious, he put a can of drink in the freezer to cool it quickly, forgot about it, took it out frozen, tried to unfreeze it with a torcher, I guess it got too hot, he put it on the carpet, it melted a circle, he came to the forums for advice, started cutting it with siscors, making the hight level much less than the rest, had to correct the area surrounding the hole.. you imagine the rest, including the part where his gf comes home and asks for an explanation :tongue:

LOL i remember that as well. I have a stupid (leave me alone Tribdog, i hate you!) story about magnets. I was at work and very bored because we run a quiet shop and Sundays are well, dull. Anyway, we had tons of board magnets lying around so I decided to find all the screws in the desk. Big mistake. I "found" a screw over the security buttons which are connected directly to the local Police Station.

A few minutes after placing a magnet over the switches, central security phones, "has someone pressed the panic buttons??". LOL I let the (then) manager deal with the problem.n Most amusing.

NB. He wasnt fired, he moved up North and still works for the company...as a manager.

I have a security alarm story too
Back when I owned some newspaper racks for the Tribune newspaper I had a dog named Trib who I took with me every night. One night I stopped at a newspaper rack and when I opened the door to my truck a cat ran by. Trib took off after the cat and they ran straight towards a bank. The cat made a quick right turn and my dog couldn't turn as fast. He slammed into the bank doors and the alarm started going off. About 2 minutes later the police showed up and I had to explain that I wasn't trying to rob the bank my dog was.

tribdog said:
not a problem, she doesn't understand computers. I'm going to have to print it up and stick it on the mirror if I want her to see it. She's the type who will take the magnets off the fridge and wipe it down to remove the sticky stuff holding them together.
I swear to god if it wasn't for PF I'd lose my mind.
Is this the same girlfriend whom you said can't spell PF? :biggrin:
So. You have a girlfriend who can't spell PF and a bank robbing dog? Hmmm... You have a very - ummm... 'interesting'(?) life, Tribdog! :biggrin:

Ah, yes. The carpet fiasco. What ever happened to that? Do you still have a 'crop circle' in your carpet? :biggrin: Did you buy a little area rug to cover it?

No, I just told my girlfriend that the carpet is short there because it doesn't get as much sunlight as the rest of the carpet.

tribdog said:
No, I just told my girlfriend that the carpet is short there because it doesn't get as much sunlight as the rest of the carpet.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

tribdog said:

She must be a knockout. :wink:

Mr. Jones, "We named the dog Indiana."
Indiana Jones (Jr), "I loved that dog"

(From Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade). Trib the dog, huh. :biggrin:

You do lead an "interesting" life Tribdog. Love that carpet story.

What does the phrase "I'll take the blame, but c'mon stupid is stupid" mean?

The phrase means that the speaker is willing to take responsibility for something, but they also believe that the other person's actions were foolish or senseless.

Is the phrase meant to be insulting?

It can be interpreted as insulting, depending on the context and tone of the conversation. It may come across as condescending or belittling.

Why do people use this phrase?

People may use this phrase to express frustration or annoyance with someone else's actions. It can also be used as a way to deflect blame onto someone else while still acknowledging their own involvement.

Is this phrase appropriate in a professional setting?

No, this phrase is not appropriate in a professional setting. It can be seen as disrespectful and unprofessional to use insulting language towards colleagues or superiors.

What are some alternatives to using this phrase?

Instead of using this phrase, one could simply take responsibility for their actions without placing blame or making insults. Other alternatives include calmly addressing the situation and discussing it with the other person, or finding a more constructive way to express frustration.