Women's College Basketball Rivalry: UConn vs. Tennessee

In summary, a group discussion on watching the UConn vs. North Carolina game on ESPN2 turns into a conversation about past games between UConn and UTenn, with one person expressing their preference for a documentary instead. UConn is currently leading at halftime and there is anticipation for postgame discussions.
Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I know this is a long shot here, but is anyone else watching UConn vs. North Carolina on ESPN2 tonight?

Right now it's 8-4 UConn, 17:33 left in 1st half.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry. I'd rather watch a documentary on the development of root canal surgical techniques from the middle ages to the present.

Halftime, UConn is up by 16. Go Huskies!

Hmmm, guess everybody (except you, LowlyPion!) is too glued to their TV sets to post in this thread.

That's okay, looking forward to some awesome postgame discussions here afterwards! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I miss the UTenn vs. UConn regular season match ups. Pat vs.Geno games were always intense.

rootX said:
Something from the last year ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvo5XO1kH1c
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvo5XO1kH1c

I remember that.

larkspur said:
I miss the UTenn vs. UConn regular season match ups. Pat vs.Geno games were always intense.

Yup. Now that'll only happen if they meet in the tournament. Tennessee seems to be having a down year, but with that coach they could be a real threat when it really counts.

What is women's college basketball?

Women's college basketball is a collegiate sport in which female athletes compete against each other in organized basketball games. It is a popular sport among colleges and universities in the United States.

How is women's college basketball different from men's college basketball?

There are several key differences between women's and men's college basketball. These include the size of the ball, the length of the game, and the distance of the three-point line. Additionally, there are differences in the rules and regulations, such as the number of timeouts and fouls allowed.

What are some top women's college basketball teams?

Some of the top women's college basketball teams include the University of Connecticut, the University of Notre Dame, and Baylor University. These teams have a history of success and strong programs with talented players.

How are women's college basketball teams selected for the NCAA tournament?

The selection process for the NCAA tournament is similar for both men's and women's college basketball. A selection committee evaluates teams based on their season record, strength of schedule, and other factors to determine which teams will participate in the tournament.

What are some notable players in women's college basketball?

There have been many notable players in women's college basketball, including Maya Moore, Breanna Stewart, and Diana Taurasi. These players have gone on to have successful careers in the WNBA and are considered some of the best players in the sport's history.