Nasa's Kepler mission and planet X / Nibiru

In summary, the conversation revolves around the possible existence of Planet X and its connection to the Kepler mission that NASA is launching. The poster expresses their curiosity and skepticism about the doomsday theories surrounding 2012 and emphasizes the need for a scientific approach to such topics. They also clarify that they are not interested in any religious or mythological discussions.
pingoo
I was just searching the net to find something to read about 2012 (doom's day) :-) ...

And i got to know about nibiru , south pole telescope and black patches in google sky etc...suddenly one thought struck my mind..i knew that NASA was going to launch a new satellite to find Earth like planets in orion belt and in places near it... the date of it's launch is 6th march 2009 and missions length is about 3.5 years so the mission will end on about mid september 2012 (near so called doom's day [12/21/2009] )..

MY QUESTION IS :- Does it have to do something with Planet x's existence... because till now it's existence is not clear..
May be NASA has launched the satellite to find planet X or may be they now that it's there and they are taking precautions... :-D
Please write your comments and what u think...
By the way I'm an atheist so don't try to pull me in religion or mythology war ..i'm just asking this because I'm curious.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, we don't talk about "dooms day" or any other crackpot subject. If you have a valid question about the Kepler mission, then please start a new thread, making sure you keep it strictly scientific.

Hi there! As a fellow internet forum user, I find your post very interesting. It's always intriguing to read about theories and speculations surrounding 2012 and the possible existence of Planet X. I personally don't believe in the idea of a doomsday in 2012, but I do find it fascinating to read about different theories and perspectives.

As for the new satellite that NASA is launching, I think it's more likely that it's simply a scientific mission to explore and study the universe. While it's possible that they may discover something related to Planet X, I don't think it's the main purpose of the mission. And even if they do find evidence of Planet X, I highly doubt it would have any impact on our planet or lead to any sort of doomsday scenario.

But of course, as an atheist myself, I also don't believe in any sort of religious or mythological explanations for events like this. I think it's important to approach these topics with a critical and logical mindset rather than getting pulled into any sort of belief or ideology. Thanks for bringing up this topic for discussion!

1. What is NASA's Kepler mission?

NASA's Kepler mission was a space telescope designed to search for exoplanets, or planets outside of our solar system, by detecting the dip in light as they pass in front of their parent star. It was launched in 2009 and retired in 2018 after successfully discovering over 2,600 exoplanets.

2. What is planet X / Nibiru?

Planet X, also known as Nibiru, is a hypothetical planet that some people believe exists beyond the orbit of Neptune. This belief is based on a misinterpretation of ancient Sumerian texts and has been debunked by scientists. There is no scientific evidence to support the existence of Nibiru.

3. Is NASA's Kepler mission searching for planet X / Nibiru?

No, NASA's Kepler mission was not designed or intended to search for planet X or Nibiru. Its main objective was to search for exoplanets and study their characteristics.

4. Has NASA discovered planet X / Nibiru through the Kepler mission?

No, NASA has not discovered planet X or Nibiru through the Kepler mission. As stated earlier, the mission was not designed to search for these hypothetical planets and there is no scientific evidence to support their existence.

5. Why do some people believe that NASA is hiding the existence of planet X / Nibiru?

There is no truth to the belief that NASA is hiding the existence of planet X or Nibiru. These claims are based on conspiracy theories and do not have any scientific evidence to support them. NASA is transparent about its findings and discoveries, including the data collected from the Kepler mission.