High Speed Pneumatic Valve: 200+ Times/Sec, 2-Way, 12bar, 0.03 kg/sec

In summary, the speaker is a student studying aerospace engineering in Chennai, India. They are looking for a high-speed pneumatic valve that can open and close over 200 times per second, with additional specifications including a 2-way design, pressure of 12bar, and mass flow rate of 0.03 kg/sec. They are asking if such a valve is possible to acquire. Another person in the conversation suggests a rotary disk valve on a high-speed spindle, but the speaker is unsure of the application for such a valve. They also mention that they have no affiliation with any companies. The conversation ends with a comparison to the valves in a car, which also operate at high speeds.
varunt
Hello everyone
Iam doing my M.S in aerospace engineering at Chennai, India.
I require a high-speed operating pneumatic valve that can open and close more than 200 times a second.
Kindly allow me to know if it is possible to acquire such a valve with these additional specifications also:
> 2 way
> pressure 12bar
> mass flow rate 0.03 kg/sec
Thanking you in advance.
Varun.T

Engineering news on Phys.org
I've never heard of anything that high performance. Sorry.

Maybe some sort of rotary disk valve on a high-speed spindle?

I am trying to think of what application would need such a valve. Do you want to share the valve's requirement?

I have no affiliation to these companies.
smc has valves that can do 100 cycles per second,
and i found one under "kelly" company name that had a 1 ms on or off time

and to answer the question about why would anyone want to go that fast,
do you drive a car? the valves in your car go that fast.

1. What is a high speed pneumatic valve?

A high speed pneumatic valve is a type of valve that uses compressed air to control the flow of a fluid or gas. This type of valve is designed to open and close at a rapid rate, typically over 200 times per second.

2. What is the purpose of a high speed pneumatic valve?

The purpose of a high speed pneumatic valve is to accurately and quickly control the flow of a fluid or gas in a system. It is commonly used in industries such as manufacturing, automation, and robotics where precise control of fluid flow is necessary.

3. What is the pressure rating of a high speed pneumatic valve?

The pressure rating of a high speed pneumatic valve refers to the maximum amount of pressure that the valve can withstand without leaking or failing. In this case, the valve has a rating of 12 bar, which is equivalent to approximately 174 psi.

4. What is the flow rate of a high speed pneumatic valve?

The flow rate of a high speed pneumatic valve is a measure of how much fluid or gas can pass through the valve per unit of time. In this case, the valve has a flow rate of 0.03 kg/sec, which means it can handle a maximum flow of 0.03 kilograms of fluid or gas per second.

5. How does a high speed pneumatic valve work?

A high speed pneumatic valve is typically controlled by an electric or pneumatic actuator. When an electric current or compressed air is applied, the actuator moves a piston or diaphragm inside the valve, allowing the fluid or gas to flow through the valve. When the current or air is removed, the valve closes, stopping the flow.