Contactor with auxillary contacts

• Thread starter ismat143
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Contactor
In summary, the individual is seeking assistance in creating an automatic on/off system for their 3 phase pump using a float switch and contactor. They have a contactor with auxiliary contacts, a float switch, and want to add a manual on/off switch for the pump. The suggested solution involves using a fuse, contactor or star-delta starter, overload relay, float switch, changeover switch, and pump motor. The individual can refer to the attached page and descriptions for further details. Additionally, they can visit electrical-riddles.com for creative inspiration in their project.
ismat143
Hi,

i want to make automatic on/off the 3 phase pump with float switch and 3 phase contactor(with auxillary contacts) for my tank.

i have,
1. contactor with auxillary contacts(3 phase contactor , a1,a2 coil voltage 220volts, no and nc)
2. Float switch(single phase)
3. with this i want to put Manual On/Off switch for pump(no , nc)

i want the connection details, can anyone help?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Please refer to attached page and following descriptions.

F1: Fuses
Q11:Contactor or automatic star-delta starter
F2: Overload relay with reclosing lockout
F8: Float switch 1-pole (circuit: pump full)
S1: Changeover switch (MANUAL-OFF-AUTO)
F9: Float switch 1-pole (circuit: pump full)
M1: Pump motor a Cable with float, counterweight, pulleys and clamps
b :Storage tank
c: Pressure pipe
d :Centrifugal (or reciprocating) pump
e :Outlet
f :Suction pipe with filter
g: Water-failure monitoring by means of a float switch
h: Well

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Creative thinking is enjoyable, Then think about your surrounding things and other thought products. http://electrical-riddles.com

Attachments

• pump.GIF
    pump.GIF
    14.5 KB · Views: 508

What is a Contactor with Auxillary Contacts?

A contactor with auxillary contacts is an electrical switch that is used to control the flow of electricity to a load. It consists of a coil, a set of contacts, and an armature. The auxillary contacts are additional sets of contacts that are used for various control functions.

How does a Contactor with Auxillary Contacts work?

When the coil of the contactor is energized, it creates a magnetic field that pulls the armature towards the contacts, closing the circuit and allowing electricity to flow to the load. The auxillary contacts can be used to control features such as motor direction, speed, or start/stop functions.

What are the benefits of using a Contactor with Auxillary Contacts?

A contactor with auxillary contacts allows for more precise control of electrical systems. It also helps to reduce wear and tear on the main contacts, as the auxillary contacts can handle smaller currents. Additionally, it allows for easier troubleshooting and maintenance of the system.

Where are Contactor with Auxillary Contacts commonly used?

Contactor with auxillary contacts are commonly used in industrial and commercial settings, such as in motor control, lighting control, and HVAC systems. They are also used in elevators, conveyor systems, and other automated equipment.

How do I select the right Contactor with Auxillary Contacts for my application?

When selecting a contactor with auxillary contacts, it is important to consider factors such as the voltage and current ratings, the number of auxillary contacts needed, and the type of control functions required. It is also important to ensure that the contactor is compatible with the load it will be controlling.