Please help me fill this gaps Photosynthesis question

In summary, photosynthesis occurs when carbon dioxide enters the leaf through the stomata and diffuses through the system of photosynthesis cells to form carbon ions which diffuse into the chloroplast where the fixation occurs.
saltrock
Please help me fill this gaps ASAP!Photosynthesis question

The carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is ____ %(1).The carbon dioxide passes into the leaf via the _______ (2) and diffuses through the system of ____________(3).The carbon dioxide then dissolves in the_______(4)on the surface of the cells called_____(5) to form_________ ions(6).These ions diffuse through the___________(7) and then the ________(8)into the stroma region of the chloroplast where the fixation occurs.

Please help me fill these gaps by wednesday... :smile: :biggrin: :tongue2:

Biology news on Phys.org
It didnt help me.I want to know what happens when CO2 enters into the leaf,how does it get into the matrix and stuff like that rather than dark reaction.please answer back ASAP,i have got 2 more hours to hand this into my tutor..Thanks for the reply thou

CO2 enters and leaves through stomata, mesophyll cells absorb the CO2 from the intercellular spaces.

saltrock said:
It didnt help me.I want to know what happens when CO2 enters into the leaf,how does it get into the matrix and stuff like that rather than dark reaction.please answer back ASAP,i have got 2 more hours to hand this into my tutor..Thanks for the reply thou

We don't do homework for you here. We'll only help point you in the right direction to solve your problems for yourself. It's the only way you'll learn. I can guarantee that you'll find all the answers in your textbook in the section entitled "Photosynthesis." If you find the relevant section of your text and need help understanding what you are reading, come back with those questions.

i am not asking you to do all my homework here.I just said that the link you guys gave me wasnt revelent.I couldn't find what i needed,thats why i asked to provide me with a link or something rather like that which could be helpful to me .

i would just try using a search engine... search for photosynthesis and you should be able to find a website that can answer your blanks... fill out what you can and if you still have questions, you have until wednesday to talk to your teacher/instructor/proph

1. What is photosynthesis?

Photosynthesis is the process by which plants, algae, and some bacteria convert light energy from the sun into chemical energy, which is then used to create food in the form of glucose. This process also produces oxygen as a byproduct, which is essential for all living organisms.

2. How does photosynthesis work?

Photosynthesis involves two main stages: the light-dependent reactions and the light-independent reactions. In the light-dependent reactions, light energy is absorbed by chlorophyll in the plant's chloroplasts, which is then used to split water molecules and produce ATP (energy) and NADPH (a molecule used in the next stage). In the light-independent reactions, carbon dioxide is converted into glucose using the energy from ATP and NADPH.

3. What are the necessary components for photosynthesis to occur?

Photosynthesis requires three main ingredients: sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide. Sunlight provides the energy needed for the process, while water and carbon dioxide are used to create glucose. Additionally, photosynthesis also requires chlorophyll, a green pigment found in plants, to absorb sunlight.

4. What is the importance of photosynthesis?

Photosynthesis is crucial for the survival of all living organisms. It is the primary source of energy for most ecosystems, as it provides food for plants and other organisms that consume them. It also produces oxygen, which is essential for the respiration of both plants and animals.

5. How does photosynthesis impact the environment?

Photosynthesis plays a vital role in maintaining the balance of gases in the Earth's atmosphere. It removes carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, from the air and produces oxygen, which is necessary for the survival of all living organisms. Photosynthesis also helps to regulate the Earth's temperature by absorbing excess carbon dioxide and reducing the greenhouse effect.