Are these iphone gloves really touchscreen compatible?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iphone Work
In summary, there are special gloves designed for iPhone use that are conductive and can activate the touchscreen. They are useful for military and emergency services personnel who need to use their smartphones while wearing gloves for safety reasons. These gloves are made with a special conductive thread or material that allows the touchscreen to be used without any issue.
Computer science news on Phys.org
I just got a pair last night funnily enough. They are quite warm and work surprisingly well even though they increase the 'size' of my fingers.

This is a big deal with the military and emergency services people. Many want to make use of the smart phone computing economics, but they all have to wear gloves at some point (chemical attacks or emergencies, etc) and those standard gloves don't activate the screen. They can't have a computer/communication device they rely on suddenly become unusable due to gloves. I suppose this (new conductive thread/material?) fixes the problem.

Very interesting! People are so clever!

1. How do iphone gloves work?

iPhone gloves work by incorporating conductive materials into the fingertips, allowing the wearer to interact with the phone's touchscreen without having to remove their gloves. This conductivity is often achieved through the use of silver or copper fibers in the fabric.

2. Do iphone gloves work with all types of touchscreens?

No, not all types of touchscreens will work with iphone gloves. The gloves need to have a certain level of conductivity in order to register on the touchscreen. This may vary depending on the type and sensitivity of the touchscreen.

3. Can I still use my phone's fingerprint scanner with iphone gloves?

It depends on the type of glove and the sensitivity of the fingerprint scanner. Some iphone gloves may allow for the fingerprint scanner to still work, while others may block the signal. It is best to check the specifications of the gloves before purchasing.

4. Are iphone gloves as warm and durable as regular gloves?

This can vary depending on the brand and material of the gloves. Some iphone gloves may sacrifice warmth and durability for the ability to use a touchscreen, while others may be just as warm and durable as regular gloves. It is important to read reviews and choose a high-quality glove for both functionality and protection from the cold.

5. Do I need to calibrate my phone for it to work with iphone gloves?

No, there is no need to calibrate your phone specifically for iphone gloves. As long as the gloves have enough conductivity and the touchscreen is functioning properly, you should be able to use your phone as usual without any additional steps.