Fixing the Mess of Logging into Account2 on Linux Fedora2

• Thread starter djeipa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Linux
In summary: I think its like mount -t smbfs -o username=uname,pass=password //server/shareincasesensitive /directory/tomountitif you don't do the whole -o thing then it will just say Password? .. if there isn't a pass just hit enter.
djeipa
I set up 2 accoutns in Linux Fedora2 , with account1 I can log in just fine but with account2, I can also log in but before KDE's main screen appears, a message shows up *i have problem with localdomain.domain ...file in /etc/* (I can't remember the whole messagfe but something like that).

do you know how to fix this problem ? its fine but kind of mess, at least I think so.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You're going to have to get the exact message.

Did you create the new user on the command line or using the kde tool?

djeipa said:
I set up 2 accoutns in Linux Fedora2 , with account1 I can log in just fine but with account2, I can also log in but before KDE's main screen appears, a message shows up *i have problem with localdomain.domain ...file in /etc/* (I can't remember the whole messagfe but something like that).

do you know how to fix this problem ? its fine but kind of mess, at least I think so.

does it talk about a hosts file?

Yes, computergeek guesses conrrectly, how can i stop it from appearing everytime I log in ?

djeipa said:
Yes, computergeek guesses conrrectly, how can i stop it from appearing everytime I log in ?

open up a terminal and go to /etc and open the hosts file up using your favorite terminal editor. then add the line

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain

if that is already there, open up another terminal and type ifconfig and then write down your computer's IP address.

then on the next open line in the hosts file, put:

<ipaddress> localhost.localdomain

Thank you, thank you...so so much, I have another problem

Do you know why computer A can ping computer B but computer B can't ping computer A ? Firewalls on or off in this local cable sharing are not a problem. Just now that I can't do things like setting up [\\computerAName\ASharedFolder] from computer B's sharing widzard anymore. How can i fix this problem ? Thanks

There can be a lot of reasons. For instance, you can set computer B up to not respond to pings, so it simply just devours the packets , but yes I think you're sort of thinking the right thing. To mount a shared drive on linux I always use mount from the terminal, if you do ~# smbmount then it will come up with the info needed to use mount and to specify samba and all that , I tend to do everything from the terminal that I can before turning to wizards / tools , just because it tends to have more stable results.

you can also do
# man mount
I think its like mount -t smbfs -o username=uname,pass=password //computerinlowercase/shareincasesensitive /directory/tomountit

if you don't do the whole -o thing then it will just say Password? .. if there isn't a pass just hit enter

1. How do I fix the issue of not being able to log into Account2 on Linux Fedora2?

To fix this issue, you can try resetting the password for Account2 or checking that the account exists on Linux Fedora2. You can also try restarting the system and making sure that the username and password are entered correctly.

2. Why am I receiving an error message when trying to log into Account2 on Linux Fedora2?

There can be several reasons for receiving an error message when trying to log into Account2 on Linux Fedora2. It could be due to incorrect login credentials, a corrupted user profile, or an issue with the system's authentication process. It is recommended to check the error message for more specific information and troubleshoot accordingly.

3. How can I troubleshoot the issue of being unable to log into Account2 on Linux Fedora2?

One way to troubleshoot this issue is to check for any recent changes or updates made to the system. You can also try logging into the account using a different user profile or through the command line. If the issue persists, it may be helpful to seek assistance from a Linux expert or the system's support team.

4. Is there a way to recover a forgotten password for Account2 on Linux Fedora2?

Yes, there are ways to recover a forgotten password for Account2 on Linux Fedora2. You can try using a password reset tool or booting into recovery mode to reset the password. Alternatively, you can also contact the system administrator for assistance in recovering the password.

5. Can I change the login credentials for Account2 on Linux Fedora2?

Yes, you can change the login credentials for Account2 on Linux Fedora2 by accessing the account settings and modifying the username and password. It is recommended to choose a strong password and update it regularly for better security. You can also create a new account with different login credentials if needed.