Fermat's Last Theorem, proof by Andrew Wiles

In summary,Author: Everett Howe, Hendrik Lenstra, and David MoultonCopied from: http://www.math.uic.edu/~jeremy/poetry.htmlJohn Paul Getty is just plain folks, the UN charter is a cruel hoax, how do I know?... Dear Johannes,Can you please mail me the Proof for Fermat' last theorem. I have been searching this in internet, but couldn find any.My Id: [email address deleted]Thanks in Advance.
rayveldkamp
Hi,
I am just wondering where i can find a copy of Andrew Wiles' complete proof of Fermat's Last Theorem.
Thankyou

Ray

Physics news on Phys.org
There are two papers involved. The only online source I know of is AMS. See below for links. You will need access to a computer from an subscriber - e.g., university. Alternatively, you can try the library. Both papers appear in the Annals of Mathematics, 2nd Ser., Vol. 141, No. 3 (May, 1995) pp 443-572.

http://www.ams.org/mathscinet-getitem?mr=96d:11071
Modular Elliptic Curves and Fermat's Last Theorem
Andrew Wiles

http://www.ams.org/mathscinet-getitem?mr=96d:11072
Ring-Theoretic Properties of Certain Hecke Algebras
Richard Taylor, Andrew Wiles

Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem

Moderator's note:
Post #13 below has a link to Wiles's two papers. There is no need to request emailed copies from this member.

hi
i have it ( Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem). should i e-mail it to you? it's a pdf file and about 800k big.

johannes

Last edited by a moderator:
johannes,
can you please mail it to [email address deleted]

conjecture: anyone not knowing how to find it is going to have some difficulty understanding it.

mathwonk said:
conjecture: anyone not knowing how to find it is going to have some difficulty understanding it.

LoL! Mathwonks last theorem :)

I have a marvellous proof of ..., agggh!

But don't write it in the margarine:

"My butter, garcon, is writ large in!"
a diner was heard to be chargin'.
"I HAD to write there,"
exclaimed waiter Pierre,
"I couldn't find room in the margarine."

Author: Everett Howe, Hendrik Lenstra, and David Moulton

copied from:
http://www.math.uic.edu/~jeremy/poetry.html [Broken]

is this from a tom paxton song?
"... john paul getty is just plain folks, the UN charter is a cruel hoax, how do i know?..."

Dear Johannes

Can you please mail me the Proof for Fermat' last theorem. I have been searching this in internet, but couldn find any.

My Id: [email address deleted]

Thanks in Advance.

mathwonk said:

Now I'm going to have to register just to get a .signature

k

Moderator's note:
Here is a link to Wiles's two papers. There is no need to request emailed copies.

http://math.stanford.edu/~lekheng/flt/index.html
The first links are scanned versions, the alternative versions are the same papers, but smaller files.

Thank you so much!

Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem

johannes

can you please send me the proof of Fermat's Last theorum. my id is [email address deleted].
thanks

Hi!
if you are undergraduate or even if you are PhD (as I am) and you read those paper you can become crazy, if you do not then for sure you need a big bottle of aspirines :). By the way I read them and I am alive and not enough crazy!

Likes chwala
Then how can Analytical arguments ever prove anything?

rscosa said:
Hi!
if you are undergraduate or even if you are PhD (as I am) and you read those paper you can become crazy, if you do not then for sure you need a big bottle of aspirines :). By the way I read them and I am alive and not enough crazy!

Beats checking all the cases of the four color theorem by hand.

Johannes said:
hi
i have it ( Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem). should i e-mail it to you? it's a pdf file and about 800k big.

johannes

Hi, Johannes - I'd be most grateful if you could email me a copy of the paper you had referred to. My email id is gs (underscore) chandy (at) yahoo (dot) com - please substitute the appropriate characters in the brackets and remove the spaces around each bracket to get my email id. Thanks and regards, gsc

Johannes said:
hi

johannes

murshid_islam said:
johannes,
can you please mail it to [email address deleted]

babbloo said:
Dear Johannes

Can you please mail me the Proof for Fermat' last theorem. I have been searching this in internet, but couldn find any.

My Id: [email address deleted]

Thanks in Advance.

anshumali said:
johannes

can you please send me the proof of Fermat's Last theorum. my id is [email address deleted].
thanks

gsc said:
Hi, Johannes - I'd be most grateful if you could email me a copy of the paper you had referred to. My email id is gs (underscore) chandy (at) yahoo (dot) com - please substitute the appropriate characters in the brackets and remove the spaces around each bracket to get my email id. Thanks and regards, gsc

Would it be possible (& legal) to upload a copy.

A link to the papers has already been given in Post #13. There is no need to request emailed copies of Wiles's two papers, or to upload copies at PF.
chronon said:
http://math.stanford.edu/~lekheng/flt/index.html
The first links are scanned versions, the alternative versions are the same papers, but smaller files.
This thread is now closed.

1. What is Fermat's Last Theorem?

Fermat's Last Theorem is a mathematical conjecture proposed by Pierre de Fermat in the 17th century. It states that no three positive integers a, b, and c can satisfy the equation an + bn = cn for any integer value of n greater than 2.

2. Who is Andrew Wiles and how is he related to the proof of Fermat's Last Theorem?

Andrew Wiles is a British mathematician who is credited with proving Fermat's Last Theorem in 1995. He spent seven years working on the proof in secret, and his work was eventually published in the journal Annals of Mathematics with the help of his former student Richard Taylor.

3. What is the significance of the proof of Fermat's Last Theorem?

The proof of Fermat's Last Theorem is significant because it finally confirmed the conjecture that had puzzled mathematicians for over 350 years. It also had a major impact on the field of number theory and led to further advancements in mathematics.

4. What is the general overview of the proof by Andrew Wiles?

The proof by Andrew Wiles involves a combination of algebraic geometry, modular forms, and number theory. Wiles used a technique known as elliptic curves to prove the theorem, which involves studying the properties of polynomial equations with two variables.

5. Are there any other notable contributions to the proof of Fermat's Last Theorem?

Aside from Andrew Wiles' proof, there have been several other notable contributions to the proof of Fermat's Last Theorem. In particular, mathematicians Gerhard Frey, Ken Ribet, and Jean-Pierre Serre made significant progress in the late 20th century that ultimately paved the way for Wiles' proof.