Go with the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter BreMatthews
  • Start date
  • Tags
    orion
In summary, the recommended telescope for clearer images is the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor. The conversation also includes a discussion about a former member of PF and advice for avoiding outdated posts.
BreMatthews
MotoH,

I would go with the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor. It will give you a much clearer image.

Astronomy news on Phys.org

BreMatthews said:
MotoH,

I would go with the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor. It will give you a much clearer image.

That person is no longer a member of PF. At least, I think that's what the line through his name means.

Ahh thanks for the heads up. Kind of new at this, so I appreciate the feedback.

BreMatthews said:
Ahh thanks for the heads up. Kind of new at this, so I appreciate the feedback.

Np. Just look at the date of the post you are responding to. It's at the top of each post. That way you don't bump up a post that's been dead for 5 years lol.

The larger aperture allows for more light to enter the telescope, resulting in a brighter and sharper image. Additionally, the refractor design eliminates chromatic aberration, providing a more accurate and high-quality image. Overall, the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor would be a great choice for your scientific observations.

1. What is the maximum magnification of the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor?

The maximum magnification of the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor is approximately 240x. However, the optimal magnification for this telescope is typically between 100-150x for clear and sharp images.

2. How much light can the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor gather?

The Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor has a light-gathering capacity of approximately 345 times more than the human eye. This makes it an ideal telescope for viewing celestial objects in detail.

3. Can the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor be used for astrophotography?

Yes, the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor is suitable for astrophotography. It has a sturdy mount and a smooth focusing system, making it easier to capture clear and high-quality images of the night sky.

4. What is the focal length of the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor?

The focal length of the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor is 1000mm. This means that the telescope can produce clear and detailed images of objects that are far away.

5. Is the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor easy to set up and use?

Yes, the Orion Skyview pro 120mm refractor is relatively easy to set up and use. It comes with detailed instructions and the necessary accessories, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced astronomers.