James Hartle online talk 19 April

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hartle
In summary, On April 19, Hartle gave a talk at Perimeter on generalizing quantum mechanics for quantum spacetime. It can be found in the seminar series near the top of the list. The speaker was highly regarded and the talk received positive feedback. Some had trouble finding the talk, but it can be found by clicking on "Seminar Series" in the sidebar menu.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
marcus said:
I just watched this talk by Hartle
Generalizing Quantum Mechanics for Quantum Spacetime

given at Perimeter on 19 April, just a couple of days ago.
http://streamer.perimeterinstitute.ca:81/mediasite/viewer/FrontEnd/Front.aspx?&shouldResize=False
in the seminar series near the top of the list (i.e. among most recent)

I thought it was pretty good. Maybe others would like to watch, or've watched it and want to comment.
I could not find it, even though when using the search engin. Perhaps you could tell us how to click through to it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike2 said:
I could not find it, even though when using the search engin. Perhaps you could tell us how to click through to it. Thanks.
on the left margin you should see a sidebar menu
near the top of the menu there is "Seminar Series"
click on that

you should see Hartle near the top of the list

marcus said:
on the left margin you should see a sidebar menu
near the top of the menu there is "Seminar Series"
click on that

you should see Hartle near the top of the list
This would have been a much more interesting lecture if I could have heard more of what he said.

1. What is the topic of James Hartle's online talk on 19 April?

The topic of James Hartle's online talk on 19 April is "The Origin of the Universe and the Role of Quantum Mechanics".

2. When and where will the online talk take place?

The online talk will take place on 19 April at a time to be announced, on a platform to be announced.

3. Who is James Hartle?

James Hartle is a theoretical physicist and professor emeritus at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is best known for his work on the Hartle-Hawking state, a proposal for a quantum theory of the origin of the universe.

4. Is the online talk open to the public?

Yes, the online talk is open to the public. Anyone can attend and there is no registration required.

5. Will there be a Q&A session during the online talk?

Yes, there will be a Q&A session at the end of the online talk where viewers can submit their questions to James Hartle.