Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition

In summary, the conversation discusses the options for purchasing Apostol's Calculus, with the main question being whether the paperback version is the same as the hardcover version. Some individuals have had experience with the different versions and state that the international edition and hardcover US edition are the same, but the paperback version may have some downsides such as being soft cover and having pages that are easier to see through. Some suggest using free ebooks found online as an alternative.
Jeff Ford
I'm looking into buying both volumes of Apostol's Calculus, to "read around my subject" as Ian Stewart says, while taking Calculus courses that use James Stewart's text.

I've found the hardcover versions used for around $80-90, but I've also found a paperback edition where both volumes come for around $30. The text is supposedly the same as the hard cover, but all in black and white.

Has anyone had experience with the different versions? Is the paperback version really the same? The sellers all seem to be from different countries, so I'm a little wary.

Physics news on Phys.org
The international edition and hardcover US edition are the same. The only downside of international edition is that it is soft cover (so can wear more easily) and you can see through the pages.

softcovers are almost always just as good, even better are the "free" ebooks floating around the internet

What is "Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition"?

"Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition" is a textbook written by Tom M. Apostol that covers topics in single variable calculus and multivariable calculus. It is often used as a reference by students and professionals in the field of mathematics.

Who is the author of "Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition"?

The author of "Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition" is Tom M. Apostol, a renowned mathematician and professor at the California Institute of Technology. He has made significant contributions to the fields of analysis and number theory.

What topics are covered in "Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition"?

"Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition" covers topics in single variable calculus, such as limits, derivatives, and integrals, as well as multivariable calculus topics, including partial derivatives, multiple integrals, and vector calculus. It also includes sections on applications of calculus in physics and engineering.

Is "Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition" suitable for beginners?

No, "Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition" is not recommended for beginners. It is more suitable for students who have a strong foundation in algebra and trigonometry, as well as some previous exposure to calculus concepts.

Is "Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition" available in other formats?

Yes, "Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition" is also available in e-book and hardcover formats. However, the paperback edition is the most commonly used and affordable option for students.