Most Active Posters: Find Out Who They Are!

• Thread starter actionintegral
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the most active posters on a forum and a way to perform this query. The conversation also touches on the fact that not all forums and posts are included in the post count, with some members having a high post count due to frequent posting in certain sections. The conversation also discusses the idea of quality over quantity in post counts and how some members may have a lower post count but produce more valuable content.
actionintegral
I would like to know who the most active posters are. Is there a way to
perform this query? I can go individually, but there are so many members.

Physics news on Phys.org
Go into the member list
You can reach that by clickeng on your User CP, and then on your buddy/ignore list. There will be an option there to reach the memberlist.

Then, use the Advanced Search function with "post count" as your first searching criterion.

hallsofIvy has most posts on his conscience.

Don't forget that posts on GD do not enter into the post count.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Don't forget that posts on GD do not enter into the post count.

Zz.
We also stopped counting posts in P&WA. Why do posts in philosphy still count?

https://www.physicsforums.com/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

#23, baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
59ish. Good, nice and low.

Pengwuino has been a member just over a year and has over 4,000 posts? What the...? That kid needs to get a life.

FredGarvin said:
Pengwuino has been a member just over a year and has over 4,000 posts? What the...? That kid needs to get a life.
:rofl:

Also PF!:tongue2:

FredGarvin said:
Pengwuino has been a member just over a year and has over 4,000 posts?

Brings up a good point. "Post count" doesn't reflect the frequency of posting. (some may consider "most active" to be "most frequent")

Also, the post count doesn't reflect the 2 or 3 times the counts for everyone were reset to zero when PF went through upgrades.

I finally get the recognition I've always deserved

Pengwuino said:
I finally get the recognition I've always deserved

That you say something and mean nothing?

FredGarvin said:

If his posts from GD and P&WA were counted, he'd probably be over 10,000.

loseyourname said:
If his posts from GD and P&WA were counted, he'd probably be over 10,000.

23,385 to be exact.

Pengwuino said:
23,385 to be exact.
Do you have some kind of progam that runs 24-7 that logs on and posts random things?

Jeez, I've really dropped. Did GD and P&WA posts get subtracted?

For perhaps the first two years, I averaged over ten posts a day, though I have dropped quite a bit lately.

FredGarvin said:
Do you have some kind of progam that runs 24-7 that logs on and posts random things?

the chicken in the hen house is a bad thing

OK. That was funny. I'll give you that one.

It's quality not quantity in post counts, look through the highest posters, and I bet you can pick out those you would most likely read whatever they posted and those you would avoid. Hell I bet there are some who post here that only have a few hundred posts but almost all masterpieces.

In my post count though there's neither quantity or quality, but then I'm hear to learn not proselytise :wink:

Schrodinger's Dog said:
It's quality not quantity in post counts, look through the highest posters, and I bet you can pick out those you would most likely read whatever they posted and those you would avoid. Hell I bet there are some who post here that only have a few hundred posts but almost all masterpieces.

Don't give away my secret

What is the purpose of the "Most Active Posters" feature?

The purpose of the "Most Active Posters" feature is to provide users with a list of the top posters on a particular platform or forum. This allows users to easily identify and follow the most active and engaging contributors.

How are the "Most Active Posters" determined?

The "Most Active Posters" are determined by a variety of factors, such as the number of posts, comments, likes, and shares a user has made on the platform. These factors are usually calculated over a specific period of time, such as a week or a month.

Can a user manipulate their ranking on the "Most Active Posters" list?

No, a user cannot manipulate their ranking on the "Most Active Posters" list. The rankings are determined by an algorithm that takes into account various engagement metrics, and cannot be influenced by individual users.

Why is it important to have a "Most Active Posters" feature?

The "Most Active Posters" feature is important because it highlights the most active and engaged members of a community or platform. This can help promote healthy discussions and encourage other users to participate more actively.

Can the "Most Active Posters" list be personalized?

Yes, the "Most Active Posters" list can be personalized to some extent. Users can often filter the list by time period or topic, allowing them to see the most active posters in a specific area of interest. Some platforms also allow users to follow or mute specific posters on the list.