Am I On the Right Track? Assessing My Work and Doubts

• Thread starter matt222
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Works
In summary, the conversation discussed the correctness of a comment on average flux and the equation used for the induced electric field. It was clarified that the comment was not accurate and the basis of the equation was Faraday's law. It was also noted that the number of turns of wire in the coil was not included in #1 and a closer look at Faraday's law was suggested.
matt222
I Have two set of Qs i worked throu. & i am not sure of my works
am i on the right tuck

Attachments

• 1.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 193
Physics news on Phys.org
matt222 said:
I Have two set of Qs i worked throu. & i am not sure of my works
am i on the right tuck
In #1, your comment (average flux) is not correct. It is not an average, it is a difference.

In #2, what is the basis of the equation you used for E?

So #1 is right, only the comment (average flux) is wronge??

in #2 i used farady's law( E 2pi r= -the rate of change of flux), for induced electric field:

E (2pi r)= -(pi R^2 dB/dt)/2r

E=1/2r* dB/dt *R^2

this is E

matt222 said:
So #1 is right, only the comment (average flux) is wronge??

in #2 i used farady's law( E 2pi r= -the rate of change of flux), for induced electric field:

E (2pi r)= -(pi R^2 dB/dt)/2r

E=1/2r* dB/dt *R^2

this is E
In #1 you also failed to include the number of turns of wire in the coil. Other than that it is good.

You need to take another look at Faraday's law. The flux involved is the flux through the closed path of the E•ds integral.

1. Is my experimental design appropriate for my research question?

The appropriateness of an experimental design depends on several factors such as the research question, available resources, and ethical considerations. It is important to carefully evaluate these factors and make adjustments as needed to ensure the validity of your results.

2. How do I know if my data is reliable?

Reliability refers to the consistency of your data. To ensure reliability, it is important to use standardized procedures, carefully record and organize your data, and conduct multiple trials or observations. Additionally, using statistical tests can help determine the reliability of your data.

3. Are my results statistically significant?

Statistical significance refers to the likelihood that your results are not due to chance. This is typically determined through statistical tests such as t-tests or ANOVA. It is important to consult with a statistician or use statistical software to determine the significance of your results.

4. How do I interpret my results?

Interpreting results involves carefully analyzing and understanding the data collected. This includes identifying patterns or trends, comparing your results to previous research, and considering alternative explanations. It is also important to acknowledge any limitations or uncertainties in your results.

5. What should I do if my results do not support my hypothesis?

Negative results are a common part of the scientific process and do not necessarily mean your research was unsuccessful. It is important to consider other factors that may have influenced your results and to critically evaluate your hypothesis. Additionally, negative results can still contribute to the overall understanding of a research topic and should be reported honestly and accurately.