Cant someone start a tutorial thread?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of starting a tutorial thread on a specific topic, such as projectiles or calculus, in order to further explore different concepts. It is suggested that the existing tutorials section on the forum may not be very active, but there is a link to a section specifically for math and science tutorials. It is also mentioned that one member has previously written a tutorial on differentiation. Overall, the conversation encourages the idea of creating new tutorials and invites anyone interested to contribute.
sidrox
Cant someone start a tutorial thread?

Cant someone start like a tutorial thread? :confused:
Looking at the potential here :bugeye: , if we could start a tutorial on a topic, maybe under a separate subdivision, and post there (not problems but different concepts that each one could bring out)
Maybe we could start with something simple :uhh: (like projectiles or something) and take things from there...

Physics news on Phys.org
We have https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160 [Broken] for intro physics tutorials. I've not looked through it properly, but there's probably something on projectiles etc. However, if you feel like writing one, then start a new topic in that forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like, do you mean, like another one BESIDES the Science and Math Tutorials section of this site?

i saw the list...but, they are really inactive...a tutorial on maybe differential calculus and integral calculus, covering all the types would be really useful...

and most are links to pdf files that can be downloaded :frown:!

sidrox said:
a tutorial on maybe differential calculus and integral calculus, covering all the types would be really useful...

Well, these typically wouldn't be in the intro physics tutorials section! Here is the link to the math and science tutorial section. I remember Hootenanny wrote a tutorial on differentiation a while ago.

But, like I said, if you've got the time and want to write one then feel free!

Last edited:

1. Can anyone start a tutorial thread?

Yes, anyone can start a tutorial thread on a platform that allows for user-generated content, such as a forum or a blog.

2. What should I include in a tutorial thread?

A tutorial thread should include clear and concise instructions, relevant examples, and possibly visual aids such as images or videos to help readers understand the topic. It is also helpful to break down the information into smaller, more manageable sections.

3. Do I need to be an expert in the topic to start a tutorial thread?

No, you do not need to be an expert in the topic to start a tutorial thread. However, it is important to have a good understanding of the subject matter and to do thorough research to ensure the accuracy of the information you are sharing.

4. How can I make sure my tutorial thread is helpful?

To make sure your tutorial thread is helpful, consider your audience and their level of knowledge on the topic. Use simple and easy-to-understand language, and provide step-by-step instructions. It is also helpful to include troubleshooting tips and frequently asked questions.

5. Is it important to keep my tutorial thread updated?

Yes, it is important to keep your tutorial thread updated as information and technology can change over time. If necessary, you can edit or add to your tutorial thread to ensure its relevance and accuracy.