3000 solved problems from schaum.

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the content and level of difficulty of a physics book with 3000 solved problems, which is suitable for a physics major and includes calculus-based problems. The book is compared to other textbooks such as Resnick, Halliday and Krane, and Kleppner, and the amount of decent questions is questioned. The conversation also mentions the availability of solved solutions for the book, as well as links to solutions for other textbooks.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
i want to know what is the level of these problems, and are they suiteable for a physics major, i.e does the book also have calculus based physics problems?

Physics news on Phys.org
I use it for my 1st 3 semesters of intro calc-based physics (all lower-div). It includes a lot of problems but I've encountered a lot of decent ones. It includes some of the tricky problems found in Resnick, Halliday and Krane. So the problems are no more difficult than the most difficult ones found in typical intro physics books.

the question is what is the portion of these decent questions from the 3000 problems?
thanks in advance.

p.s
i have Introduction to mechanics by kleppner, the problem is that there are no solved solutions, which is kind of hard to see if you are right or wrong in the tough questions.

I have collected links to solutions of Kleppner and Kolenkow book here:

http://physicscosmos.googlepages.com [Broken]

Hope you find it useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
And for Tipler? Are there full solutions?

Not Tipler.

All I've done is collect the links to PDF files,from the course websites of various universities.Yes,they contain full solutions to most problems.

1) What is "3000 solved problems from Schaum"?

"3000 solved problems from Schaum" is a popular resource book for students studying mathematics and science. It contains 3000 solved problems covering various topics and serves as a supplement to textbook learning.

2) Who is the author of "3000 solved problems from Schaum"?

The author of "3000 solved problems from Schaum" is Seymour Lipschutz, who is a mathematician and professor at Temple University. He has also authored other popular books in the Schaum's Outline series.

3) What subjects does "3000 solved problems from Schaum" cover?

"3000 solved problems from Schaum" covers a wide range of subjects including algebra, trigonometry, calculus, geometry, physics, chemistry, and statistics. It also includes problems from related fields such as engineering and computer science.

4) How can "3000 solved problems from Schaum" help with studying for exams?

"3000 solved problems from Schaum" can help with studying for exams by providing a comprehensive review of key concepts and formulas, as well as practice problems with step-by-step solutions. It can also help identify areas that may need further review and practice.

5) Are the problems in "3000 solved problems from Schaum" suitable for all levels of students?

The problems in "3000 solved problems from Schaum" are suitable for students of various levels, ranging from high school to college. It covers basic concepts as well as more advanced topics, making it a useful resource for students at different levels of proficiency.