Default vB3 Styles - Get Fixed-Width & Postbit Layout

• Thread starter Chen
  • Start date
In summary, the "Default vB3 Styles - Get Fixed-Width & Postbit Layout" serves to provide a fixed-width layout and postbit design for vBulletin version 3 forums, allowing for a more organized appearance for forum posts. This style differs from the default vBulletin style by offering a fixed-width layout and a different postbit design. It can be customized to fit a forum's design and is compatible with all versions of vBulletin 3. To install this style, it can be downloaded from a trusted source and uploaded through the admin control panel.
Chen
Greg, any chance we could have access to the other default styles that come with vB3? I, for one, really like the fixed-width style and the new postbit layout.

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately the top banner will break the fixed width, I think... The new postbit eh? Hmmm, I dunno, seems harder to read since you are forced to scan each member postbit, instead when it's in a column you can visually tone it out

1. What is the purpose of "Default vB3 Styles - Get Fixed-Width & Postbit Layout"?

The purpose of this style is to provide a fixed-width layout and postbit design for vBulletin version 3 forums. It allows for a more streamlined and organized appearance for forum posts.

2. How is this style different from the default vBulletin style?

This style differs from the default vBulletin style in that it offers a fixed-width layout, meaning the width of the forum remains the same regardless of screen size. It also has a different postbit design, with a separate section for a user's avatar, username, and post information.

3. Can I customize this style to fit my forum's design?

Yes, this style can be customized to fit your forum's design. You can change the color scheme, fonts, and other design elements to match your forum's branding.

4. Is this style compatible with all versions of vBulletin 3?

Yes, this style is compatible with all versions of vBulletin 3. However, some custom modifications or plugins may not be compatible with this style, so it is recommended to test it on a development forum before implementing it on a live forum.

5. How do I install this style on my vBulletin forum?

To install this style, you will need to first download the style files from a trusted source. Then, access your forum's admin control panel and go to Styles & Templates > Download / Upload Styles. Click on "Choose File" and select the downloaded style files. Once the upload is complete, the style will be available for use on your forum.