I know this might be easy but i forgot how to solve

• Thread starter idiotblue
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation covered solving an integration problem using a trig substitution, specifically u=sin(t), and also suggested using the substitution u=tan(x/2). The original question was about integrating from epsilon to pi-epsilon, and the term for the slope on an x-axis that runs parallel but never touches the x-axis was mentioned to be a horizontal asymptote with a y-value of 0.
idiotblue
Please help me..

integrate this

[tex]\int[/tex][tex]\frac{1}{U\sqrt{1-U^2}}dU[/tex]

Physics news on Phys.org
..Try using integration by parts and see if you can solve

u=[itex]\frac{1}{U}[/itex] find du/dx
[itex]\frac{dv}{dx}=\frac{1}{\sqrt{1-U^2}}[/itex] so get v=

and

[tex]\int u\frac{dv}{dx}dx=uv-\int v\frac{du}{dx}dx[/tex]

It can be done straightforwardly with a trig substitution, like u=sin(t).

Sorry but...

the original question wasintegration from [tex]\epsilon[/tex]to[tex]\pi-\epsilon[/tex]
[tex]\int[/tex][tex]\frac{1}{sinx}dx[/tex]

I tried to integrate it straight but i don't know how calculate cosec and cot...

Last edited:
Try the substitution u = tan(x/2).

:)thanks guys. I got it~

What is the term for the slope on an x-axis that runs parallel but never actually touches the x axis?

Get your own thread. But until you do 'horizontal asymptote with y value 0'.

1. How do I solve a problem if I forgot how?

If you forgot how to solve a problem, the first step is to take a deep breath and relax. Then, try to break down the problem into smaller, more manageable steps. Go through each step slowly and carefully, and if you get stuck, don't be afraid to ask for help or look for resources online.

2. How can I avoid forgetting how to solve a problem?

To avoid forgetting how to solve a problem, it's important to practice regularly. The more you practice, the more familiar you will become with the problem-solving process and the less likely you will be to forget it. You can also create notes or flashcards to help remind you of the steps involved.

3. What should I do if I can't remember a specific formula or equation?

If you can't remember a specific formula or equation, don't panic. Take a moment to think about what you already know about the problem and try to come up with a solution based on that. If you still can't remember the formula or equation, you can always look it up or ask for help.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

To improve your problem-solving skills, it's important to practice regularly and challenge yourself with different types of problems. You can also try to break down problems into smaller, more manageable steps and work on developing your critical thinking and analytical skills.

5. What can I do if I get stuck on a problem?

If you get stuck on a problem, don't be afraid to take a break and come back to it later. Sometimes, stepping away from the problem can help you approach it with a fresh perspective. You can also try to break the problem down into smaller steps or ask for help from a teacher, tutor, or classmate.