Force exerted on human body doing various activities?

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a website or source to find a list of various activities and the force dealt to the body/head while doing them. Some examples mentioned include car crashes, fighter pilots, and football players. The only helpful information provided was a link to crash test statistics, and it was mentioned that the person may feel the same force as the car during a crash.
Hazarrd
Does anyone know of a website or source of where I can find a list of various activities and what force is dealt to the body/head while doing it? Some examples I am looking for include car crash (whiplash), fighter pilots, and football players. I am looking to get as many examples as possible. Thanks@!

Biology news on Phys.org
Hmm...no responses yet.. Anyone have ANYTHING? :frown:

I did a quick search and found this, so you may already have it

Crash test stats- http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/comply/

I didn't see anything helpful on pilots or football players

Hope it help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Car crash

(Mass of car + mass of person) x's acceleration = mass of person x's decceleration

The person will feel the same force that would be exerted by the car.

Most will be simple physics problems.

Nautica

1. What is the definition of force exerted on the human body?

Force exerted on the human body refers to the amount of physical pressure or influence applied to the body during various activities. It is typically measured in units of Newtons (N).

2. How does the force exerted on the human body change during different activities?

The force exerted on the human body can vary greatly depending on the type of activity being performed. For example, activities that involve lifting heavy weights or performing strenuous movements will exert a greater force on the body compared to activities that involve light movements or rest.

3. Can the force exerted on the human body be harmful?

Yes, the force exerted on the human body can be harmful if it exceeds the body's physical capabilities. This can lead to muscle strains, sprains, and even broken bones. It is important to listen to your body and not push yourself beyond your limits during physical activities.

4. How can we minimize the force exerted on the human body during physical activities?

One way to minimize the force exerted on the human body is by using proper form and technique during physical activities. This can help distribute the force evenly throughout the body and reduce the risk of injury. Additionally, incorporating rest periods and stretching into your routine can also help minimize the force exerted on the body.

5. Is the force exerted on the human body the same for everyone?

No, the force exerted on the human body can vary from person to person depending on factors such as age, physical fitness, and overall health. It is important to listen to your body and adjust activities accordingly to avoid excessive force and potential injury.